We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for parks/play areas ....

Manchester
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for parks/play areas ....

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could suggest any good play areas/parks for children in Barcelona? We will be staying near to the Gothic Quarter and intend to walk around the city.

I have no firm plans or bookings made for our 3 days in Barcelona, mostly I intend to walk, take in the sights as they come and soak up some local life so finding a good play area for my 8yo would be great. We would like to spend a good couple of half days relaxing, taking a picnic etc whilst my daughter still has something to do.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Palafrugell, Spain
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for parks/play areas ....

There are lots of children's parks around the city. Every barri has a square or some sort of open area with things to climb on, or swing on. The main parks (Ciutadella, Estacio Nord etc) all have children's areas in addition to general run-around space. There are paid-for attractions such as trampolines at Mare Magnum (and the Aquarium). If you were visiting for longer, I'd also seriously recommend the science museum (CosmoCaixa) which is under Tibidabo (Tibidabo has an attraction park at the top). However, the best place for children is probably the beach which has climbing frames and other activities dotted along it, plus the sheer fun of the sand and water.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
298 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for parks/play areas ....

Ciutadella Park is a good option and it's the closest to your accommodation.

Manchester
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for parks/play areas ....

Thank you both, I will look into your suggestions .... In Paris last year we spent more time on the swing behind Notre Dame than inside! We really enjoy just taking in the feel of new cities.

4. Re: Recommendations for parks/play areas ....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 28, 2014