We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do, what to do

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wollongong...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
What to do, what to do

Hi,

I am a University student heading to Barcelona for 5 weeks. I was there last year and loved it but only visited for 5 days. I was wondering if anyone knows some great local spots to visit for a younger person such as myself. I study Spanish so I would like to be able to learn a little more while I am there. Also, I am looking to do some day trips from Barcelona. Any suggestions?

I am also interested in hiking, running and outdoor activities. I am a huge football fan; I visited Camp Nou last year but was wondering if there is any other way I can involve myself.

One more thing!! Any healthy places to eat in BCN?

Gracias!!

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,603 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do, what to do

When?

Re day trips, see the relevant Top Question aside.

I don't know whether the FrescCo restaurants are intrinsically healthy places but part of their philosophy relates to eating healthily.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,560 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do, what to do

I'm not sure what you mean by healthy places to eat exactly. There are vegetarian places, there are buffets with lots of fresh produce they cook for you.

Most restaurants have salads as one of the first courses on menu del día, also lots of dishes with pulses.

Looking at the menu choose things cooked a la plancha/a la planxa (on a grill), and avoid stuff that's "frito" (fried) and "a la romana" (battered and fried)

For activities have a look at www.barcelona-metropolitan.com I know that there are intercambios in Philharmonic where you get a chance to practise Spanish.

Here are some other ideas too

…meetup.com/cities/es/barcelona/

Palafrugell, Spain
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do, what to do

Find somethings locals do. Beach volleyball or beach rugby on the beach. Salsa in Ciutadella. Pick up basketball. Parkour. Check out meetup to get some ideas.

Barcelona, España
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do, what to do

There is also running tours companies that allows you to visit the city while you run. You can also practice Spanish during the tour with the guide.

5. Re: What to do, what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 28, 2014