We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report - Day 3

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
174 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report - Day 3

Day 3

We started our day with a morning tour of Palau de la Musica. It is a beautiful concert hall and the tour was informative. Before our trip I wondered whether to do the tour, attend a concert, or do both. I ended up doing both, but if I could only choose one, I would say attend a performance if you find one that sounds appealing to you, and book well in advance to get the seats you want, for the full concert hall experience. Some people have commented that the stain glass ceiling is best seen in daylight, but I think there is something magical about admiring it at night while you are enjoying a concert.

We headed to the Cathedral next and watched some Sardana dancing out in front, before taking a look in the Cathedral. It is worth a peak if you're there.

The next part, lunch, was where I messed up in my planning. The lunch spot I wanted to go to was closed on a Sunday, and to make a long story short, we ended up in a mediocre restaurant for lunch as people were getting hungry and antsy. Moral of the story is to check ahead of time for which restaurants are open and when on Sundays in the area you intend to explore.

After lunch, I wanted to check out Placa Sant Felipe Neri and found myself leading us on the long route to get there when it was actually quite close by if I knew which turn I should have taken instead! It was quiet when we got there and people were a little underwhelmed. I could see how it could be quite atmospheric at night.

Next stop was the Museu d'Història de la Ciutat. It is definitely an interesting museum if you are interested in seeing ruins. When we exited the museum, we sat outside on the steps in the square for a break, while my son had a lot of fun running back and forth across the square and interacting with his uncle. I love smaller, unplanned moments like these.

We enjoyed the walk back home for a late afternoon rest, before heading out for dinner at Llamber, which turned out to be my favourite meal of the trip. So delicious and great service too!

Mentioned in this post
Palau
Palau
Sardinia, Italy
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
174 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report - Day 3

I just wanted to add to this our experience in bringing my son along on the tour of the Palau de la Musica for parents who are considering doing the same:

There are stairs so I would recommend using a backpack carrier and if your toddler is a squirmer and insists on wanting out after a while like my son, be prepared to let your child out and have someone watch over him/her as the tour continues. We got some sympathetic looks from others on the tour.

On the other hand, one memorable event for me as a mom was when my son started saying “Barcelona! Barcelona!” when he looked up and saw the gorgeous stained glass ceiling in the main concert hall – I think he recognized it from one of the pictures of the guidebook I had shown him leading up to our trip – it was cool to witness his moment of recognition!

Mentioned in this post
Palau
Palau
Sardinia, Italy
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
88 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report - Day 3

Great reports, Tina - thanks! We leave in a few days and will be staying in the Born area as well, so I am eagerly following along.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
174 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report - Day 3

Thanks - I'll post more later this evening. I loved walking around and exploring the Born area. It's really lovely at night.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
65,716 posts
3,733 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report - Day 3

Tina:

Good report!

5. Re: Trip report - Day 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 16, 2014