We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona for 6 nights.

Ottawa, Canada
9 posts
Save Topic
Barcelona for 6 nights.

My fiance and I are planning our trip to Bareclona at the end of June for our honeymoon.

We were hoping to get suggested on the "must see" things in Barcelona and surrounding towns.

We love great food, wine, the outdoors as well as night life. We are very excited about markets as well (well more me! :) Before barcelona we are flying from nice where we will spend 6 nights as well. We loooove to do a wine tour or something along those lines.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, we're unsure where to start?

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,602 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona for 6 nights.

Congratulations in advance.

Most of your requirements should be satisfied by the Top Questions. For outdoors, Montserrat is an easy option. You should research Castellers and make a point of attending an event. There are plenty in June. If you are in the city for Sant Joan, that is probably worth doing some research for too.

Ottawa, Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona for 6 nights.

Thank you very much!

españa
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona for 6 nights.

Hi Erin

Barcelona is very beautiful and has a amazing places. You can walk around the Born, Rambla and downtown. There are a lot of shops and street markets. Güell Park is amazing for spend all the day and also Ciutadella Park.

If you want to visit cities around Barcelona I think Sitges it's a good option, it's a city known for it's Carnaval and fantastic film festival and has beatiful beaches.

Regards!

http://algunosrincones.blogspot.com.es/

Edited: 10:23 am, May 01, 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
55 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona for 6 nights.

Congrats first of all.

Must See = Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, The Gothic District,

Some things I would skip include the Picasso Museum and The Chocolate Factory.

Do walk Las Ramblas to discover some shopping, restaurants, street performers, and most importantly Mercator de Sant Josep. It's a huge market that sells fresh fruit, candy, olive oils, vegetables, cheese, pasta, meat. One meat counter had everything from cow tongue, brain, lungs, to hooves. Pretty interesting stuff, some parts smelled like fish though.

The Gothic Quarters are cool to walk around lots of history there and part of the roman wall. There are some good restaurant's near here too. Princesa 23 is really good and Bo de B.

You might be there during this huge summer festival called Sant Joan Festival...it's the day with the most sunlight and there's people drinking everywhere especially the beach and there's big bonfires and fire jumping a that sort of thing.

I don't like the beach in Barcelona, it's man-made and the sand is kind if gritty. There are vendors that walk up and down sellings stuff and its just annoying. Take a trip to Sitges for a great beach.

If you want to get your hike on, take the train to Montserrat.

Go to la champañeria one night. It's a little hard to find but it's very unique experience. They make their own house Cava if you like champagne. I like the Cava Rosada. It's standing room only and if you can get in, you

Basically shout your order to the guys behind the counter and eat your sandwich there with a mix of locals and people from around the world. You can purchase bottles of there cava too.

Get Patatas Bravas everywhere you go..yummy.

I don't like dance clubs but I found some chill bars....Quilombo was a cool place. Mostly locals here so it def feels authentic.

El Gato Negro is a fun place to get a night started its a shot bar (chupitos) they have a crazy menu of shots that are really fun...some of them are lit on fire, some involve a scalp massage, I won't tell you want the Monica lawinski shot is.

5. Re: Barcelona for 6 nights.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 12, 2014