We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

festivals

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
festivals

what festivals will be taking place in august and september

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,592 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: festivals

Loads. What sort of festival are you after?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: festivals

You know you want to say La Merce, Chris...

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: festivals

hi,

and where! only in Barcelona city? or around??

Midlands
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: festivals

All sorts of festivals during that period, all over the region, but the OP has to help us help him/her. No point us giving details of the Festa Major de Sant Roc is a Gay Pride march, the mushroom festival of La Pobla de Lillet or something akin to Primavera Sound is what is being sought.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,592 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: festivals

That last one was from me. I was using Julie's computer and her log-in somehow over-rides mine. I started off as me, honest!

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: festivals

hi,

uhmmm...As my english is not very good, I'm not sure to understand your answerd ...I send you a webpage where you can find a list of events during summer...unfortunately is only in catalan, for this reason you have to use the translator....

http://www.festes.org/directori.php?id=2

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
6,775 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: festivals

Sant Roc a gay pride march? XD

perhaps it is on same day, but they are 2 different activities without link.

Festes de Sant Roc are the Gotic festivities. They were traditional basis and there were some childrens activities last years.

I am not sure about schedule, but i think it is Sant Roc and Festes de Gracia at same time, Festes de Sants, Festa del Raval, La Merce and Festes de la Barceloneta, all from mid august to the end of september.

edit: my english is poor too, so perhaps i've not understood Julie's reply!!! pandachris, come back!!! :D

Edited: 7:31 am, April 26, 2013
Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,592 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: festivals

5de8 and slatkin, your English is excellent. It's mine that's at fault. When I wrote (disguised as Julie) " Festa Major de Sant Roc is a Gay Pride march..." I actually meant " Festa Major de Sant Roc OR a Gay Pride march"! What a difference a tiny word can make. I was trying to make the point that Barcelona and Catalunya have many different types of festival but not suggest that Barcelona's oldest traditional festival is somehow a gender-specific expression. Oops. I'd better watch it next time I'm in the vicinity of Cu-cut.

Really need the OP back to give us some more info about what is being sought - a weekend festival with camping in a field or a fire-run through the lanes of Barri Gotic.

9. Re: festivals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 28, 2014