We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone rented in Barcelona with DirectStay?

Ottawa, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Has anyone rented in Barcelona with DirectStay?

I have been looking into all sorts of rental apartments in Barcelona, and have found a few that are only 30 Canadian dollars per night, although they appear to be quite nice and often fairly spacious. There are no reviews for any of the properties managed by this company, which makes me nervous, especially given the very low rental cost.

Has anyone has experience renting from DirectStay? They are apparently a member of FlipKey, which is also a company I have never heard of.

I would love to get a great deal on our stay in Barcelona, but certainly don't want to fall into some sort of trap. Here is a link to the property in particular that I am interested in.

tripadvisor.ca/VacationRentalReview-g187497-…

Thanks very much.

Stephanie

edinburgh
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone rented in Barcelona with DirectStay?

well thats a shame, nobody has answered you. im in the same boat. yes the price does seem well low. Did you end up staying there? the price and all that would be amazing to get back from you. If no, could you pass on the link to where you did end up staying. Thanks, jas

be great to have a heads up x

Ottawa, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone rented in Barcelona with DirectStay?

Hi Jas,

Thanks for being the first to reply. :) We have not yet stayed anywhere as our trip to Barcelona is in June of this year, so I'm afraid I can not offer any information or advice. And since I have not received any regarding DirectStay, I think I will just avoid their listings. It would be great if those prices were real and not a sham, but I definitely have my doubts.

Good luck with your search.

Stephanie

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
68 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone rented in Barcelona with DirectStay?

Stephanie, the link you posted is for a 4-bedroom apartment, which couldn't possibly cost $29 per night. Even for a studio near El Born in Barcelona the price would be really really low, but for a spacious apartment such as this... My guess is that the price goes up depending on the number of guests, the one quoted may be even per guest. I also noticed that their cleaning fee is $79, which is not included in the rate. So it could all add up to an average accommodation bill.

Direct Stay does not look too suspicious, but I have not worked with them ( I am affiliated with a rental company in Barcelona). If you still have not found accommodation, please feel free to message me for recommendations.

Ottawa, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone rented in Barcelona with DirectStay?

Thank you very much for replying to my message Katya. I am currently about to book an apartment, which is managed by Feelathome Apartments. Are you familiar with that company at all? I find it strange that they seem to have very few reviews for most of their properties, if any, so I want to ensure that they are legitimate before I send any type of deposit.

Here is a link to the property as advertised on Flipkey.

flipkey.com/barcelona-condo-rentals/p415311/

They also have it showing on their own site, feelathomeinbarcelona.com.

feelathomeinbarcelona.com/barcelona-apartmen…

Thanks again.

Stephanie

Regensburg, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone rented in Barcelona with DirectStay?

Hi Katya,

I have read your comment about Directstay.

I am going to study in Barcelona so looking for a flat from February until August ( max 300-450/month euro). I am also opend to rent a bigger flat and shere it with students in this case the rend shouldn't be more than 200-400 euro/bed/month with bills.

Could you recommend me somethin? Where should I looking for it? Unfortunately, what I have found until this time, are too expensive if I calculat the 100% agency fee. I have found this Directstay ads and I find too good to be true. I don't know, I tried to search for comments about the campany and all I found was 1 opinion, that their flat aren't so clean and she tried to report it somewhere and write it on their website but they ignored it. So I do not really trust them, but if the price really so good and the problem just with the cleaning, I don't really care. So I don't know, maybe I reserv a room for February and try to see their flats and rent them then. But I do not want to waste so much time with it.

I was livind in Barcelona in the last year and I was looking for room for a month every day....

So, could you recommend me something?

Maybe the best could be a bigger flat with good price?

Where sould I look for it?

I have to pay the agent fee in the first month?

Thank you really much.

Best regards,

Alma

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
68 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone rented in Barcelona with DirectStay?

Hi Alma, I'm going to send you a private message. Cheers!

Bloomington, Indiana
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone rented in Barcelona with DirectStay?

I have found the same thing with DirectStay in Paris. Flats and apartments have been listed for several years without any feedback. Directstay has not responded to any of my enquiries through TripAdvisor. They have responded quickly to enquiries made directly from their own site though. None of the listings from TripAdvisor are present on the direct stay site which makes me believe they are not available but are listed to direct traffic to their own store.

I think the lack of reviews and responses to enquiries undermines the TripAdvisor site.

I spent a lot of time researching apartments, but the lack of response sent me to airbnb to finally book my vacation rental.

Very disappointing

8. Re: Has anyone rented in Barcelona with DirectStay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 30, 2015