We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona on a sunday

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona on a sunday

Hi, I am taking a cruise that starts from Barcelona and ends there. I will be flying into Barcelona on the same day as the cruise so won't have time to see anything but on my return I get into the city at 6am and I am thinking of taking a flight out of Barcelona at 5 pm so that would give me a few hours to see the city. That might not be enough but I can't take time off from work.

I only get the few hours on Sunday and want to make the most of it. Can someone recommend any safe place to store luggage? Also is everything closed on sundays (small ethnic shops)? I know that bigger malls and museums are open but I want to see local shops? I want to enjoy the local culture as much as possible in those few hours so any recommendations would be great.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Uruguay
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona on a sunday

Local shops in touristy areas will be open. I believe this is allowed by the city only for certain sectors, but not all merchants decide to open. I don't know about "ethnic" shops, I never really notice those, but maybe you can find something in the Born. There certainly are a lot of local shops selling all matter of goods in the Barri Gotic, the Born and areas nearby.

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
44 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona on a sunday

Are you sailing on the Sunshine? :) We are doing the same itinerary but decided to spend one night. I have the same questions...what to see on a Sunday...where to dump luggage...and where to stay that is convenient to the pier, sightseeing and the airport!

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona on a sunday

No I am taking Liberty of the Sea (Royal Carribean). I searched online for places to store luggage and found a link which might be useful for you. This storage place is in city centre near La Rambla and the pier and looks quite reasonable. When are you going on your holiday? I am going in June so if you are going before that maybe you can share your experience once you are back.

barcelonaturisme.com/Locker-Barcelona/_vf-SM…

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
44 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona on a sunday

Thanks so much for the useful link. Sounds great! We are going in May! Getting close--- :)

5. Re: Barcelona on a sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 08, 2014