We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Narrowed down our hotels to these...

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
Level Contributor
447 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Narrowed down our hotels to these...

My husband and I (late 20s) will be in Barcelona the first week of June for 5 nights. We want a hotel that is clean, centrally located with walking distance to restaurants and tourist attractions & public transportation. We prefer hotels that are in busy areas but not too noisy so we can enjoy a restful sleep. Our budget was around 110 euro pr night, which is not really doable so we had to increase a bit. Here are our picks:

Hotel Ciutat Vella 590 euro

NH Barcelona Centro 650 euro

Eurostars Ramblas Boqueria 690 euro

H10 Raco Del Pi 725 euro

Turin Hotel  760 euro

If anyone has any others, please let me know. Can someone also describe the safety with walking around some of the small pedestrian streets late at night?

Thank you!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,236 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Narrowed down our hotels to these...

Hola agnes,

Have a look at the Amister Apts on carter de Pelai. I don't know what their rates are for your dates but it's in a convenient area and you should be able to get a good night's rest. As for the hotels on your list, some may be noisy, for example, the Eurostars Boqueria Ramblas. That's right next door to the Boqueria and I remember reading reviews in which guests mentioned the early morning noise (la Boqueria vendors start their day early).

toronto
Level Contributor
447 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Narrowed down our hotels to these...

Thank you for the feedback. We prefer to stay in hotels rather than Apartments. We had a bad experience at an Apartment once so we prefer hotels.

3. Re: Narrowed down our hotels to these...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:32 pm, March 15, 2013
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
6,775 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Narrowed down our hotels to these...

my choices:

turin

h10 raco del pi

ciutat vella

nh barcelona centro (former nh duc as they say on doors XD )

living in barcelona i've not been in any hotel here, so don't know how good or bad are they (you should check reviews), but for location that is my list.

toronto
Level Contributor
447 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Narrowed down our hotels to these...

thank you sltkin_10. When I did a googlemap view of my potential hotels, I saw that some of them required maybe 200-300 meters of walking through narrow pedestrian alley ways/streets. Can you comment on the safety concerns of walking around these small streets late at night (other then the normal precautions of being in any city)? Are they fairly empty and quiet or are they pretty busy with many people walking around?

toronto
Level Contributor
447 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Narrowed down our hotels to these...

I'm amending my list slight:

Hesperia Ramblas, NH Barcelona Centro, Eurostars Ramblas Boqueria, H10 Raco Del Pi

Any other comments?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Narrowed down our hotels to these...

What about hotel suizo?

toronto
Level Contributor
447 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Narrowed down our hotels to these...

I had a look at hotel Suizo... I prefer to stick to 4star or higher TA ratings, especially for the price. But thank you for the suggestion

British Columbia
Level Contributor
695 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Narrowed down our hotels to these...

I actually narrowed mine down to the h10 Raco as one as well. I read the alley is safe..it sures adds charm!!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Narrowed down our hotels to these...

H10 Racó is not in an alley it's on very busy street of the Barri Gotic. I must have walked that street hundreds of times and thousands of people use it every day. It's perfectly safe, as are all of the streets in that area where there is tons of pedestrian traffic.