We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acta Atrium Palace vs. Hotel Murmuri

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Acta Atrium Palace vs. Hotel Murmuri

Having a hard time deciding between the two of these. We can get a better rate at the Acta Atrium Palace but is it worth it?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,270 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Acta Atrium Palace vs. Hotel Murmuri

Hola Brookmoor and welcome to TA Barcelona,

How much better is the rate? Hotel Murmuri wins hands down when it comes to location. It's on Rambla de Catalunya, one of the most pleasant streets in Barcelona's Eixample district. The Acta Atrium is on the main street, Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes. Pictures on TA Barcelona Hotels show a small pool and maybe jacuzzi. Hotel Murmuri doesn't have its own pool but it's a member of the Hotel Majestic group and offers free access to the Majestic pool & spa.

www.murmuri.com/en/vip-majestic-pass.php

The Murmuri bills itself as a luxury boutique hotel. The Acta Atrium is less stylish but some of the rooms have a nice balcony.

I guess you have to look at the websites, read the reviews about service and comfort and decide whether location, design/style or monetary savings are more important to you.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Acta Atrium Palace vs. Hotel Murmuri

Thank you. From their websites they both look like lovely four star hotels. Not knowing Barcelona at all, it is hard to know which area might be preferable, so I appreciate that feedback very much. I think we may go for Murmuri based on your comments.

3. Re: Acta Atrium Palace vs. Hotel Murmuri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 04, 2014