We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cava Bars with two 18 year-olds?

Boston
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cava Bars with two 18 year-olds?

I am traveling to Barcelona with my twin 18 year-olds and while I am not anticipating allowing them to drink alcohol (btw: is there a legal age at which teens can drink in Barcelona), I have identified a few Cava bars that I would like to visit and since I will be traveling alone with my teens (no other adult), I was wondering if I can bring them along with me and have them simply order a soft drink. Are minors allowed in Cava bars in Barcelona? I would love them to have the experience while enjoying the tapas and the general vibe.

France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,047 reviews
from $145.30*
Special Offer
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,951 reviews
from $43.90*
$48.80
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,652 reviews
from $111.40*
Special Offer
Montserrat and Oller del Mas Tour...
441 reviews
from $111.71*
$117.59
Boston
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cava Bars with two 18 year-olds?

I love that idea!!! How far is the trip? Sounds wonderful!!! We already have a trip planned to Figueres (we are Dali fans) and Girona, I will certainly look into a day trip to Cava. Thank you so very, very much!!!!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Uruguay
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cava Bars with two 18 year-olds?

Reading senorita-kaz's comment you might think that cava is a region, but it's only a type wine. Most cava is produced in Penedès.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cava Bars with two 18 year-olds?

Monsieur is right. Most Cava is produced in the comarca (county) of Penedès, with a greater concentration of producers in the town of Sant Sadurní d'Anoia. But there are cavas produced in other areas (ie as far as Extremadura, in the opposite side of Spain!), and there are other wines produced in Penedès.

Visiting Sant Sadurní is super easy; there are many cheap trains per day. Freixenet winery is just by the train station. Codorniu, worth to see if just for its architecture, its a short taxi ride away. And there are many other less known, but not less good, wineries in town. Do a forum search, the question about visiting the Penedès comes often.

Boston
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cava Bars with two 18 year-olds?

Thank you so much, I've done the research and know understand about taking the train from Barcelona to Sant Sadurni d'Anoia and have also inquired about visiting Freixenet. Thanks again, much appreciated!!

15. Re: Cava Bars with two 18 year-olds?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 01, 2014