We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport in Barcelona.. First visit

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Public transport in Barcelona.. First visit

Hi

Sorry if a similar question has previously been answered but I just need a bit of advice.

I booked a hotel/ football deal for the 8th-11th Feb. We will be staying at the Rafael Diagonal Port hotel and the closest Metro station is Poblenou.

My question is, what is the best (easiest) way to get to this hotel from the airport? The flight arrives at around 10:30 on the Friday evening.

Also, any recommendations on things to do (esp where to eat) would be gratefully received. This will be our first weekend away without our 2 year old daughter and we want to do as much as possible!

Thanks in advance

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,252 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport in Barcelona.. First visit

Hola Bellsmay,

The best and easiest way to arrive is by taxi for about 30-35 euros. Since your flight arrives quite late and your hotel is all the way over on the other side of town, I think taxi is the best option. For a short weekend visit, you want to maximize your fun time and minimize your travel time.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport in Barcelona.. First visit

Hi!

Apart from a taxi ride, you can use Aerobus, which is € 5.75 /per person. Children under 4 don't pay. Aerobuses run about every 10 minutes and they take aprox. 30 minutes to the city centre.

However, you will need to pick up a metro ride from Plaça Catalunya or Plaça Universitat to Poblenou. For this you will need to change subway in Urquinaona. Be aware that the metro runs until midnight.

Considering that you are two adults, and the time you arrive I would also use a taxi ride that will take you straight to your hotel and avoid having to travel with your bags and everything.

Enjoy your trip and I hope Barça wins! ;)

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport in Barcelona.. First visit

If you take the Aerobús, you can walk (5min) from its last stop in Pl. Catalunya to Urquinaona. Easier than changing metro lines.

But, as others said, arriving later and for a short stay, better take a taxi.

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport in Barcelona.. First visit

Thanks for your help! We'll get a taxi :)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,470 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transport in Barcelona.. First visit

Barcelona info www.barcelonaturisme.com www.timeout.com/barcelona and to the right in Top Questions, plenty of furthur information for your visit

Aerobus for your return home www.aerobusbcn.com

6. Re: Public transport in Barcelona.. First visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 01, 2014