We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pre cruise - 2 or 3 days?

New York
Level Contributor
295 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
pre cruise - 2 or 3 days?

Please help us decide if we can do the highlights in two night stay or need a three night stay? In sharing your opinion, please guide us on how to spend this time!

Best Seller
France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,024 reviews
from $144.40*
Best Seller
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,930 reviews
from $48.50*
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,641 reviews
from $110.70*
Special Offer
Montserrat Tour from Barcelona...
417 reviews
from $110.98*
$116.83
Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pre cruise - 2 or 3 days?

I'd give Barcelona at least 3 nights especially if you need a day to recover from jetlag.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
820 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pre cruise - 2 or 3 days?

If I could take three days I would,why only twoif you can do three. I'm going in July, I have two pre cruise and two post. I have read a lot about Barcelona and I would of booked a week if that darn WORK thing wouldn't of come up,.

Lol..I say take as much time as u can!! I am so excited!!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pre cruise - 2 or 3 days?

2 nights means only a full day. If by "doing the highlights" you mean just a quick tour around, its possible. If you want to enter a few buildings and museums you'll need at least 2 full days (so 3 nights) and you still will have to pick carefully what you want to do. I always say that 3-4 full days is the bare mínmum time for Barcelona. But we all have time constraints. Take as much as you can.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pre cruise - 2 or 3 days?

We arrived at 10 am from an overnight flight, too excited we started sight seeing on foot using Rick Steve's walking guide and stayed out till midnight!

Slept in on the next day, had coffee and sweet breads on our balcony and decided to head out about 11 am to get the Hop on Hop off bus, well silly us the lines where so long! So off we went on foot again had early dinner and still suffering from jet lag went ot bed about 10 pm

Got up super early and prebooked on line tickets to see La Sagrada and ran to the Hop on bus and head straight for La sagrada. Spent along time here but finally headed out for lunch and off to Parc Guell and finish the full line.

Next morning we took the other two lines (we bought the pass for all three lines) Interesting but most stops we did not get off, just took the ride and enjoyed the sight seeing. Went back to hotel, got our bags and headed for the ship late afternoon. Easy check in, no lines.

We stayed two nights after as it was La Merce and we wanted to experience the final two days and nights of this festival.

So we had 3 nights before and 2 nights afterwards and felt we saw and did alot and really loved Barcelona and want to return again soon!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pre cruise - 2 or 3 days?

Forgot to mention that the 3 nights before really helped us to over come jet lag as our port days on the ship started real early and we wanted to be ready!

We had only two days before our cruise when we went to Hawaii and we were still suffering from jet lag when we got on the ship

6. Re: pre cruise - 2 or 3 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 27, 2014