We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona in March

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona in March

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to spend a week in Barcelona in March. Is that a good time to go? I hear that weather can be up and down.

I'd also been told that it was best to book a hotel on La Ramblas but it that right? I thought LR was pretty dodgy at night.

Any advice is appreciated!

Tom

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona in March

I would say that any time is good for visiting Barcelona :-)) but this really depends on what you want from your trip.

Weather in March definitely can be up and down. From nearly "beach weather" to the snowfall we had a few years ago. Or, more probably, something in beetwen.

Regarding location, Plaça de Catalunya, at the top of La Rambla is the very city centre. I try to avoid La Rambla if possible, but others love it. The part near the sea is still quite seedy at night and IMO all La Rambla is now mostly a tacky tourist trap full of pickpockets. The real Barcelona is not there anymore, except for a few exceptions.

Have a look at the Top Questions on the right menu for descriptions of city areas. You may stay in the central part of Eixample, parts of Gotic, El Born...

Bon viatge!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,681 posts
3,568 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona in March

holiday-weather.com/barcelona/averages/march/

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona in March

Hello

I agree with previous post about the weather but there is always something to do.

With regards to where to stay, La Ramblas is lively and may not be to everyone's taste but it is central. I have been 7 or 8 times to Barcelona and not had any trouble but we have just come back and someone had stolen the handbag from a lady in our hotel - it is like any city, you need to be careful with your possessions. We found it was those that really lived there that remind you to look after stuff - waiters would tell you to put bags out of sight of others but in your sight etc.

With regards to accommodation - there is so many and depends on if you're travelling alone/couple or group. look on websites like booking.com or if you feel like renting an apartment try friendly rentals. I rented one in the Barceloneta area (close to the harbour/beach but on a side street so not paying for the views!). For 6 of us for 3 nights it worked out about £40 each.

If you want any more help, let me know.

4. Re: Barcelona in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 25, 2014