We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advanced ticket for La Sagrada Familia

santiago
10 posts
Save Topic
Advanced ticket for La Sagrada Familia

I'm planning to go to La Sagrada Familia on early february on a monday morning, will the queues be to long at that time of the year? is better to purchase an online ticket?

Mentioned in this post
Basilica of the Sagrada Familia
Basilica of the Sagrada...
133,754 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Advanced ticket for La Sagrada Familia

Where can these tickets be collected from as the location of Servi Caixa machines is in spanish

miami, FL
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Advanced ticket for La Sagrada Familia

I plan on buying the ticket online that includes a visit to one of the towers. Since i have to state when we will climb the towers, I am trying to figure out if I should do the tower first and then explore the basilica? I do not want to cut our visit to the basilica short just to make the time for the climb. Do the stairs from the Nativity tower take you to the street or back to the inside of the church? Thanks to anyone who could shed some light on this.

miami, FL
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Advanced ticket for La Sagrada Familia

I plan on buying the ticket online that includes a visit to one of the towers. Since i have to state when we will climb the towers, I am trying to figure out if I should do the tower first and then explore the basilica? I do not want to cut our visit to the basilica short just to make the time for the climb. Do the stairs from the Nativity tower take you to the street or back to the inside of the church? Thanks to anyone who could shed some light on this.

London
Level Contributor
12 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Advanced ticket for La Sagrada Familia

Just got back from a visit to Barcelona and had wondered the same thing myself before I went!

Basically, once you get through the ticket barrier you are free to roam around to your heart's content. The only thing you need to arrive for at the appropriate time is for your trip up the tower. When you come down from the tower - and coming down the steps is quite an experience, just don't look down the open centre void! - you come back into the Cathedral. So you can carry on looking around after you've come down if you haven't seen everything before you go up.

Enjoy your trip. It's a lovely city but take care. Petty crime really is rife - I saw an attempted handbag snatch from a restaurant and the waiters never turned a hair. Must be a common occurrence.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Advanced ticket for La Sagrada Familia

As I recall, when you choose your tower time, you are given a time 15 minutes before that to enter the front entrance. If you are getting an audioguide, after you enter the front entrance head to the far right (past the small stand-alone school building) to pick it up. Of course, you can do that after the tower as well, since the audioguide does not cover the towers.

Even with assigned times, there may be a queue to go up into the tower of your choice, so you may want to arrive at the tower entrance a few minutes prior to your assigned time.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,619 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Advanced ticket for La Sagrada Familia

YES YES YES. We were there and we were so very happy to have bought tickets online. there must have been at least 1500 people in line. We only had a very short line up inside the gate to get the head sets.

The Scottish Borders
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Advanced ticket for La Sagrada Familia

I've visited Barcelona a few times previously, last visit being in 2009.

I'm returning later this year for a few days to celebrate a special birthday.

On previous trips I've usually visited the Sagrada either early morning or later in the afternoon, not pre booked tickets and never had to queue for entry and the longest I've had to queue to go up one of the towers is around 30 minutes.

Have things changed since my last visit in 2009 - could I still turn up early morning / late afternoon and not have to queue or is pre booking tickets with tower really recommended now?

Thanks,

Suzie

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
374 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Advanced ticket for La Sagrada Familia

We went in October 2012, and were very glad that we bought our tickets online. Granted, we got there at about 10:30, but the line was already wrapped around the Cathedral block at least once (and it's a big block!). Booking online was extremely easy. We bought our tickets the night before we went to the Cathedral on one of our hotel's business center computers. There was no line for pre-bought tickets when we got there, so we got to go directly in. We did the Nativity Facade elevator first, then did the audio guide of the Basilica.

NSW Australia
Level Contributor
474 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Advanced ticket for La Sagrada Familia

We were there early May & the line was crazy long. If I had to join the queue I wouldnt have been going in. The online tickets that I printed off for the 5 of us were fantastic. All our group was so impressed that we just showed our tickets & went straight through. I cant stress enough to buy online prior.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Advanced ticket for La Sagrada Familia

mighty25, as vfrmod said, you can roam around all you want once you are in La Sagrada Familia. We just got back from Barcelona and visited LSF on a Tuesday afternoon. We pre-purchased our tickets and scheduled our tower visit at 14:15. We cut it pretty close because we arrived at LSF at 13:55, but with the prepurchased tickets we walked right in, got our audio guide, and found the Nativity tower at 14:05 (we were told to be there 15 minutes before the scheduled tower visit). So the first thing we did was visit the tower, then we roamed around the basilica with the audio guide afterwards. If I were you, I would schedule the tower visit for later in your planned window of visitation - that way if you are late, you won't miss the tower. You can roam around the basilica with your audio guide (if you purchase one) up until the time for your tower visit. After the tower visit you can continue your tour if you haven't finished.

Mentioned in this post
Basilica of the Sagrada Familia
Basilica of the Sagrada...
133,754 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona