We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on getting from Barcelona Airport to hotel

Level Contributor
73 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on getting from Barcelona Airport to hotel

Hola !

Just wondering if someone could let me know the easiest and most cost effective way to get to Hotel 4 Barcelona. My partner and i will be arriving at 10am on Thursday February 7th to celebrate his 30th birthday for the weekend.

We are also hoping to go to a football game (if its being played on Saturday the 8th, still waiting to find out) and it looks like it would be cheaper to buy them at the gate, is this an option? From what i can see on the official website they charge a booking fee (7 euros per ticket) plus a postage fee (10 euros) so i was thinking as it is low season it wouldn't be too hard to get them at the gate.

any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.

thanks

kt

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,296 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on getting from Barcelona Airport to hotel

Hola kt,

Cheapest and easiest do not usually go together.

Easiest: take a taxi for about 35 euros.

Cheapest: Buy a T10 ticket for Zone 1 and share it between the 2 of you. Take the R2 Rodalies train from the airport to Passeig de Gracia station, transfer to L4 yellow metro line. Disembark at Llacuna station and walk.

Somewhere in the middle: Take the Aerobus for 5.75 euros to Placa Catalunya. Buy the T10 ticket. Walk over to Urquinaona station and take the L4 yellow metro line.

Aha! the same information is given on the hotel website. :-)

hotel4barcelona.com/en/…

Regarding FC Barcelona, this is a very popular team and people come from all over to see them play. I don't think it's that easy to get tickets at the gate. Be careful with scalpers too.

A great article written by a TA member who loves FC Barcelona and traveled all the way from India to see a match:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187497-c169881/Barce…

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
7,892 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on getting from Barcelona Airport to hotel

<official website they charge a booking fee (7 euros per ticket) plus a postage fee (10 euros)>

where are you booking your tickets? at fcbarcelona.com?

i've never read about those fees (they charge 2'5 euros per ticket buying online) and questions about fc barcelona tickets are quite popular here, so or it is new or you are checking an official reseller who applies those amazing fees (cheaper ticket for that match costs 19 euros, and you say that they add 17 euros on fees, amazing).

anyway, it is a game vs getafe, so you will have no problem buying tickets at stadium ticket boxes.

3. Re: Advice on getting from Barcelona Airport to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, January 06, 2014