We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains to Montserrat

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Trains to Montserrat

Hi,

I am hoping someone might be able to advise me.

I am going to Barcelona at the end of January, whilst in Barcelona I am planning a trip to Monserrat. I plan to travel their myself rather than taking a packaged tour.

The transport cards you can purchase e.g T10, are any of these suitable to get me to Monserrat or will I need to purchase a specific ticket for this journey?

Thanks

Shanghai Region...
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,945 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains to Montserrat

Hola 501TTD,

The T10 will not work for Montserrat. You'll be taking the R5 FGC train from Placa Espanya. All the info you need is in the Top Question -Daytrip to Montserrat:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187497-c79251/Barcel…

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains to Montserrat

If you look on the right hand side under Top Questions about Barcelona and scroll down to Day Trips you will find info on how to get to Montserrat there. You will need to purchase a separate return ticket for the train. Or if you prefer a package tour try Spanish Trails. I did a day trip to Figueres and Girona with them and was very happy with them.

London
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trains to Montserrat

Thank you both for your response, I will check out the tripadvisor link and Spanish Trails package tour!

Cheers

4. Re: Trains to Montserrat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, January 06, 2014