We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona Romantic break

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast
1 post
Save Topic
Barcelona Romantic break

Hi all,

I am taking my girlfriend for a 4 day break in April 2013 and we would love nothing more than a romantic room somewhere with our own little balcony (Or large open windows) that we can have breakfast on and view the city.

Somewhere not too pricey if you can recommend anywhere?

This will be our first trip to this beautiful city, so we will be doing the touristy things however i would love your opinion on staying on Las Ramblas - exploitative tourist trap or simply a good base with a little extra cost? I have heard varying reports.

Many thanks for your replies in advance.

Best regards,

O'Duilleain.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,238 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona Romantic break

Hola O'Duilleain,

My late friend Chris-the-Scotsman used to sit on his balcony, sip Catalan wine, make int'l phone calls all over the world to TA friends and shout at would-be pickpocketers, lol. His home in Barcelona was Hostal Mare Nostrum. It was right on La Rambla and he loved it, despite the touristy surroundings and the noise.

Have a look at El Balcon del Born. It's a B&B in Barri Gotic that has cute little balconies and looks out onto a more attractive location. It's about 10-15 min from La Rambla. Another possibility is Casa de Marcelo. They are neighbours.

In my mind, 'a good base with a little extra cost' would be Placa Catalunya or Passeig de Gracia, not La Rambla.

Edited: 7:54 pm, December 26, 2012
Level Contributor
55 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona Romantic break

I spent five days in Barcelona, and found that my most enjoyable moments had nothing to do with La Rambla (its cool to see and spend some time strolling around, but I prefered the quiet neighborhoods). We stayed in a hostel, so I have no recommendations for a romantic place to stay, but I will stand strong on my opinion that checking out La Rambla was cool, but nothing to make me want to spend a great deal of time there. Barcelona is an amazing city with so much to offer outside of La Rambla :) Enjoy your trip!

3. Re: Barcelona Romantic break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 03, 2014