We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona - very large stylish restaurant wanted

birmingham
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Barcelona - very large stylish restaurant wanted

Hi. I am organising a trip with my work colleagues for this October, and we are looking for a large stylish restaurant with good food to accomodate about 120 of us.

We have a budget of 50 euros per head for wine and food, and would like it to be somewhere central.

We have booked one night at the Restaurante Bestial by the harbour, and now need somewhere for the friday night.

It would be nice to go somewhere Spanish with local food, but we realise it's going to be difficult to fit us all in anywhere, so if anyone has any suggestions of restaurants serving other types of food, any would be welcomed!

Thanks.

Manchester,England
Level Contributor
166 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona - very large stylish restaurant wanted

Hi There

We have eaten a few times at the excellent La Taxidermista, La Placa Reial

(93 412 4536) set in a beautiful square just off the Ramblas. It is a large restaurent, very stylish , serving great food. It has a large wine list and the staff are very helpful and the menu is in English/Spanish/ French etc.

You can sit outside before hand and watch the jugglers and entertainers in the square whilst having a glsss.

Salvador Dali once famously ate here and of all the times we have been the food was terrific and the waiter chose a top notch Rioja.

All in all highly recommended.

David & Anne

PS I have just booked here for out NewYears Eve dinner !

birmingham
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona - very large stylish restaurant wanted

Thanks for getting back so quickly. Looks like a good suggestion.

Do you know if it has vegetarian options on the menu? I've had a quick look on the web and only seen very meaty dishes. As there are so many of us we need to make sure we cater for everyone!

Also, may be a silly question, and I know the name of the restaurant refers to it's history, but does it have any taxidermy on show?!

Manchester,England
Level Contributor
166 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona - very large stylish restaurant wanted

No I don't think there is any stuffing on show. As far as vegetarian dishes go - I am not sure - why don't you call the resteraunt and ask? They are very helpful indeed or I suppose you could arrange for chef to rustle up something.Although having said that i don't recall EVER seeing a vegetarian resteraunt in spain. You may know different?

D&A

birmingham
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona - very large stylish restaurant wanted

Thanks. I will give them a call. It is alwayshard finding vegetarian options in Spain, but they will usually do an omelette or vegetable paella, so being as there are some many of us we could perhaps ask for something like that for all the veggies.

Thanks again for your help,

Becky.

Netherlands
Level Contributor
364 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelona - very large stylish restaurant wanted

For large, inexpensive, central and very atmosperfic you could think of a restauarnt that has always been a big favourite of many people (what I read), El Covent behind the Bocqueria market, www.elconvent.com. They have a small card but surely vegatarian options. They are spread over 4 floors, so if you would manage to get a reservation for 120, you'll be divided over at least 2 floors.