We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apt hunting

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
182 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
apt hunting

hi ,we are trying to rent a nice apt for march and it is very frustatrating . These agencies only want you to book , to pay and avoid any inquiry . Don t ask!

for instance ,w e tried Negre Apartments . we asked some extra pictures -bath room , kitchen . they never replied. is this paricular to Barcelona ? we rented in other spanish cities and got personal answers.

how could we rent directly from owners ? thanks

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,094 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: apt hunting

alaincrecy,

Many other visitors have rented apts in Barcelona before you and have not encountered such frustrations. I gave you a list of the most frequently mentioned agencies, including Bcn Negre. You asked them for extra pictures and they did not reply. I'm not too surprised by this. If other people are satisfied with their service and the pictures on their website, the agency must feel that you are being too picky, lol. Also, Christmas is around the corner. Perhaps they are not focusing on March rentals yet.

To rent directly from owners, you can try www.vrbo.com but be careful with the listings of rental agencies. They are obviously not owners, only agents.

There's also a thread in the Top Question - How do I find a rental apartment? - with links to apts that TA visitors specifically used and liked. SBEJinToronto last included her VRBO rental there.

Good luck!

Edited: 11:40 am, December 08, 2012
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: apt hunting

Alaincrecy,

My friend & I just rented an apt through airbnb.com - we looked at the reviews & location & contacted the owner with questions. She is responsive, has given us thorough directions to her apt in El Born & told us that she'll meet with us when we get there & tell us all about places to go etc.

From the reviews, I have no doubt that it will all be great & highly recommend giving the site a try as you can deal directly with owners.

Enjoy!

3. Re: apt hunting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:25 am, December 18, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
182 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: apt hunting

thanks , i ll try this site . cross my fingers

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,094 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: apt hunting

You wrote 'extra pictures', not just pictures. Anyway, good luck.

USA
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: apt hunting

Goodness. I rented one year from BCN Negre and had quite a good experience. They were quite responsive to my email inquiries, helpful at check in, etc. I found the pictures on the website adequate, but whatever. Hopefully future readers will balance your experience with what seems to be an overwhelmingly positive view on this agency. If rent from them again if I wasn't such a Ciutat Vella fan.

7. Re: apt hunting

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:26 am, December 18, 2012
8. Re: apt hunting

9. Re: apt hunting

10. Re: apt hunting

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:31 pm, December 16, 2012