We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vueling Airlines

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
289 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Vueling Airlines

Hi

I will need to fly from Naples to Barcelona next year using Vueling. I've never flown with them before and was wondering if they are a good airline. Are they on par with Easyjet?

My boyfriend has a fear of flying so just want to make sure its not some dodgy airline.

Thanks

Angelica

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,270 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vueling Airlines

Hola Angelica,

Most regulars on this forum feel that Vueling is better than easyJet. It's not a dodgy airline. One TA member describes it as "the highest of the low" (as in low cost carriers).

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,076 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vueling Airlines

Have flown Vueling a number of times, great value, new aircraft, and great crew.

European airlines are strictly controlled by the EU aviation Authority.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
289 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vueling Airlines

Great. Thanks for your help everyone

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vueling Airlines

Angelica:

I travel every month and when I fly I always try to find Vueling flights. I have flown them many times and have never had a problem. It is a good airline. The news yesterday was that it was a profitable airline, so it will not go under during this economic crisis.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
289 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vueling Airlines

Great. Thanks.

I will need to use a mix of Vueling and Easy Jet on my trip through Europe.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,846 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vueling Airlines

Vueling is fine, on a par with Easyjet (I personally wouldn't say vueling is better,eg the staff on Easyjet are always very friendly, with Vueling it is more hit-and-miss)

I've flown Vueling quite a few times, Easyjet well over a hundred ; that's to do with the routes I fly. On a trip to Milan I flew out Vueling and home Easyjet because of timings (and Vueling price was similar to Easyjet, which is not always true).

vueling had the advantage you could pre-pay a small sum to choose your seat (Easyjet is about to do the same so the only thing that was "better" to me about vueling over Easyjet has been smoothed out.) The disadvantage for me with Vueling re that Milan flight was that the size permitted for hand luggage is smaller than easyjet's and there is a 10kg limit (Easyjet allows 56cm height and no weight limit). So I had to take smaller of the two trolleys i use just in case vueling checked the size. however Vueling does allow a handbag/computer bag in addition and if you pay to check a suitcase the allowance is 23kg not 20kg.

edit. if you are flying a mix watch out on the hand luggage rules, the case dimensions aren't much smaller with vueling but it might matter

Edited: 6:32 am, October 29, 2012
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vueling Airlines

I love vueling, never had any problem with them

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
289 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vueling Airlines

thanks for all the advice. much appreciated

9. Re: Vueling Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 01, 2013