We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Placa de Cataluyna

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Placa de Cataluyna

Hola TA members! Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend (for us Canadians, happy Thanksgiving!).

My husband and I will be staying at Hotel Jazz in a couple weeks, however, need your advice.

The parents are joining us last minute, and will be staying for 3 nights prior to their cruise (Hotel Jazz is unavailable for some of their nights). What would you advise for a budget of roughly 120 Euros per night?

I've currently got them booked at Hotel Ciutat Vella (Tallers, 66) but have the ability to cancel.

What are your thoughts or suggestions? I think they would prefer to be nearby Hotel Jazz, for ease of meeting up. Gracias!

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,644 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Placa de Cataluyna

I like this one, just across the road from the Jazz.

www.hotel-lleo.com/

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Placa de Cataluyna

We have booked the Praktik Rambla, its pretty close

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,236 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Placa de Cataluyna

Hola ginacasa and Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

lord_k's idea is good, as is your current choice. For more options, go to www.booking.com and find Hotel Jazz. Input your parents' dates, select MAP function, see what hotels are nearby and available.

PS the Pratik Rambla is nice but it's not as close as Hotel Lleo. Btw, I was in your situation too and found the Amister Apts for my relatives but it's more than 120€.

Edited: 10:03 am, October 07, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Placa de Cataluyna

Hola lordk, niahmhemer, and Gm. Thanks for replying so quickly and for the suggestions.

Hotel Lleo looks comfortable but alas, unavailable for the parents' travel dates of Oct 23-26. I also considered Pratik Rambla but also unavailable. I was unhappy with the hotels that their travel agent booked them into (one was in El Raval, the other had gotten some poor TA reviews). Their travel style is tours and/or someone guiding them around, not so much DIY. They're cutting it a bit close and unfortunately, the options are dwindling.

I have read the TA reviews but would love to know your thoughts on Hotel Ciutat Vella. Other ones that were nearby were Hotel Marvi and Hotel Reding. Did I pick the best of the 3?

Cheers and gracias!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,236 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Placa de Cataluyna

Of the 3, I think you did pick the best. Now that you've given your specific dates, we can do some more searching too. Btw, have you emailed the Jazz and asked them if they are possibly holding any rooms? It doesn't hurt to ask directly.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Placa de Cataluyna

That's a great idea, Gigis_mum. Thank you so much! Hope you're enjoying turkey this weekend.

7. Re: Hotel near Placa de Cataluyna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, December 14, 2013