We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Tablao de Carmen

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
El Tablao de Carmen

Hi All,

I'm thinking of visiting El Tablao de Carmen whilst we stay in Barcelona... but the website doesn't seem to display properly on my laptop (the graphics don't display and the wording is all in one long sentence).

Anyway, it gives the option of food and dance, or drinks and dance.

The drinks option doesn't show for us (so I can't see how much that is). But I have read great reviews of the Tapas and Dance for 49 EURO... Now, I can't proceed to book (the website isn't showing). Is that 49 per person, or for the table. And I've heard the drinks are unlimited, is that correct?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks,

Amnesia

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,277 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Tablao de Carmen

Hola Amnesia,

Go for the drinks + show option. There is much better food elsewhere. Unlimited drinks? Sorry, don't know. The price quoted is per person. It's not the cheapest show in town but it is probably the best quality. For a cheaper and much shorter show, go to Los Tarantos.

Choose a day or time when the Magic Fountain is operating so you can see both, one after the other. My review contains more info:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187497-d244…

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Tablao de Carmen

Thank you Gigis_mum.

The Los Tarantos show does seem cheaper, but lasts a third of the time... so there is that I suppose. But at least it being cheaper we can go one or two nights and see different shows?

Is Los Tarantos also close to the Magic Fountain?

The Fountain is two hours, and finishes at 9pm... would we make it to the 9.30pm showing at Los Tarantos (I don't know how far it is), or would it be best to go for the 10:30 showing?

(We then need to get back to Arc de Triomf metro before it closes, but I think that should be straight forward).

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,277 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Tablao de Carmen

Los Tarantos is near La Rambla and the Liceu metro. Not near the Magic Fountain but you could easily take the metro to Placa Espanya. The Magic Fountain starts at 7 pm in the winter, yes. You don't have to stay for the full 2 hours. Just watch for a few segments.

Back to Arc de Triomf by red line metro OR there's always the Nitbus, for late-night travel.

If you use Google map, input Origin and Destination, choose Bus icon for method of transport. Input time of travel (eg 2 am) and you'll see the Nitbus options.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Tablao de Carmen

Lovely, thank you very much.

So if we went took the Metro to Placa Espanya and walked to watch the Fountain for an hour or so.

Then walk back to Placa Espanya, and take the Metro to Liceu we could get to watch a half nine show.

I'm guessing ther are some bars nearby for some drinks before we go to the show. And from experience, would it be best to pre-book?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,277 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Tablao de Carmen

To Placa Espanya (from Arc de Triomf): L1 red line

To Los Tarantos (from Pl Espanya): L3 green line

Back to Arc de Triomf (from Liceu): L3 + L1, transferring at Pl Catalunya or just walk up La Rambla

I haven't been to Los Tarantos as I prefer the show at El Tablao de Carmen. Los Tarantos is a smaller place. If it's the last show of the evening and your only day to see it, you might as well pre-book. It's not that expensive.

6. Re: El Tablao de Carmen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, December 14, 2013