We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any SIM work for Piccell Wireless phones?

Seattle
Level Contributor
910 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Any SIM work for Piccell Wireless phones?

Hi,

We have 2 basic piccell wireless flip phones from when daughters studied in Rome. I know that I can order Spanish SIM cards through Piccell Wireless, for about $29 each, and then we get charged a nominal fee per minute of use. Not really understanding this topic all too well, is it possible to buy another "brand" of SIM card from a shop in Spain that might be cheaper? We're just looking for a reasonable way to stay in touch with each other and have an emergency number for family members back home to contact us... Vodaphone or something like that? Or are SIM cards unique to each brand of phone? Figure we could always try to Bic phones, if this doesn't work.

S

Florence, Italy
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Any SIM work for Piccell Wireless phones?

Hi. Piccell Wireless Spanish sim cards will work with any unlocked european (900/1800) or quad band phone. I've used them a few times and used to rent the phone and SIM card from them (Italy, Spain, France, UK, Japan, etc), but now I have an unlocked android that I bought on amazon that I use with the Piccell SIM card when I go abroad. If you find out your phone doesnt work, they also have a pickup location in Barcelona, or all over spain for that matter, where you can get one of their phones. Hope they save you as much $ and hassle as they did me.

Have fun in BCN.

Ciao

Edited: 2:55 am, September 26, 2012
Florence, Italy
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any SIM work for Piccell Wireless phones?

PicCell delivers every time. You can't go wrong with their service for Italy, Spain, Europe, etc.

Florence, Italy
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any SIM work for Piccell Wireless phones?

Also, if your traveling to many countries within Europe, Id recommend the EuroSIM. They have data plans for it too. www.piccellwireless.com/euroclub

4. Re: Any SIM work for Piccell Wireless phones?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 23, 2014