We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to pop the question, but where?

Colchester, Essex
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Going to pop the question, but where?

im going to pop the question to my girlfriend whilst in Barca, does anyone know of any good locations to do this?

thanks!

Level Contributor
322 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to pop the question, but where?

I had to really think about this one. Originally I thought just in front the the catherdal in the Barri Gothic, but then it's pretty crowded and a little noisy. If you are looking for some privacy, you may try Montjuic where you can take a tram over parts of the city, great views, you can see for miles. Or, Tibidabo where there's a church and you can get great views of the city and Mediterranean. There's a tram and cable car in Tibidabo, so you can choose exactly where you want to pop the question. One other place is Parc Guell, this is a lovely park that you may find some spots to be romantic.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to pop the question, but where?

I agree with the previous poster; I think either Montjuic or Parc Guell would be best. Other areas of Barcelona are great, but they can be very crowed; you should be able to find some space to yourselves in either of these locations. Montjuic is great with the beautiful views, but I would probably choose to have a romantic picnic in Parc Guell - pack a lunch, some wine, and the ring. ;-) Congratulations!

London, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to pop the question, but where?

How about the cable car over the port – then see can't run! :-)

Good luck

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
2,003 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to pop the question, but where?

Go to the Ramblas and pay one of the mime artists to do it for you - in mime!

And let us know when so we can all come along and cheer!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
347 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to pop the question, but where?

How about on the beach by Port Olympic - in fromt of Hotel Arts and the golden fish. You can have a bottle of cava rosada (pink Champers) in CDLC afterwards to celebrate.

If she says yes, and you want to get married in BCN see my other thread - Barcelona Wedding II in this forum (or click on 'Corkman' to see it)

Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to pop the question, but where?

How romantic! I'd go up to Parc Guell, where there is a fantastic terrace overlooking the city. Unique wavy benches in tiles, fabulous views...might be full of people though!

Netherlands
Level Contributor
364 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to pop the question, but where?

A Dutch travel magazine says that THE most romantic place where any man should take his loved-one to, is Cafe Mirablau (or nearby) on mount Tibidabo, especially at sunset it becomes very romantic with the best view you can get over all Barcelona (some 1600 feet high). It's easy to reach.