We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it cheaper to buy tobacco duty free or in town?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South east
Level Contributor
110 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Is it cheaper to buy tobacco duty free or in town?

Can someone tell me, if its cheaper to buy tobacco duty free at airport, or from a shop in barcelona?

South east
Level Contributor
110 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it cheaper to buy tobacco duty free or in town?

bump

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it cheaper to buy tobacco duty free or in town?

Steve, This incident might be an answer for you. I am flying from Los Angeles to Paris via Istanbul. My relative in Paris had originally asked me to purchase some liqueur and tobacco at the duty-free shops at the Istanbul airport. Today I got an email from them asking me not to buy at Istanbul but do so when I visit Barcelona.

Hope this helps.

3. Re: Is it cheaper to buy tobacco duty free or in town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:30 am, September 14, 2012
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it cheaper to buy tobacco duty free or in town?

As already said - you cannot buy Duty Free cigarettes within the EU. You can, however, buy them Duty Paid which are generally cheaper in Spain than at an Airport.

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it cheaper to buy tobacco duty free or in town?

its 4.30 Euros for 20 in a Tabacco.

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,301 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it cheaper to buy tobacco duty free or in town?

I am a big Cuban Cigar fan and did not find any bargains at the duty free airport....first, they have 2 prices--a higher price if you are traveling to another EU country and a lower price if you are traveling outside of the EU....either way, I found better prices in town. If you are a cigar fan, I definitely recommend Casa Fuster on Rambla Catalyuna over the more 'popular' Gimeno.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,359 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it cheaper to buy tobacco duty free or in town?

My brand is forty five euro in town. At the airport they are fifty one eighty.

Brighton
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it cheaper to buy tobacco duty free or in town?

* It's cheaper to buy in a recommended cheap shop, probably one that only sells Tobacco.

Peter King *

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,151 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it cheaper to buy tobacco duty free or in town?

Yep. That's what everyone said back in June. Doubt that anywhere only sells tobacco though. Even Tabacs sell other things.

10. Re: Is it cheaper to buy tobacco duty free or in town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, December 15, 2013