We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sun transfers

Bridport, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
sun transfers

we are a party of 10 going to barcelona soon thinking of booking minibus transfer with sun transfers any thoughts anyone.

barcelona
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sun transfers

hi

in internet is anothers companys more cheapest

better you check

-shuttlerdirect.com

-flybus.com

-viajesalameda.com

.cheapesttaxis.com

-gva-taxi.com

this is only littler list of companys and cheap rates

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
30 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sun transfers

We used them for our early AM flight out and he was on time everything went as planned!

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sun transfers

Hi

Did you use Sun Transfers? Were you happy with teh service?

Many thanks,

E

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sun transfers

They were good on the way out to Venice, but we were let down on the way back from Barcelona. Taxis didn't turn up, and the hotel ended up having to find us two taxis at 5am as there were five of us plus luggage. We nearly missed our return flight, which we would have no doubt had to pay for. Despite the operator apologising and assuring me I would be refunded I had to email and phone them to get my refund. I also lost £2 on the refund, either due to the exchange rate or incompetence. The hotel concierge said this was a regular occurrence with Sun Transfers. I wouldn't recommend this service to anyone, as it could have been extremely costly for us.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sun transfers

We used them in September and I would highly recommend. We were arriving to airport and were picked up at luggage area. Drive was courteous and helpful. They are the same price as any other shuttle service but you get a private car.

Seattle
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sun transfers

Sadly, we were disappointed with SunTransfers on our recent trip.

We had several stops on our trip; we booked them for airport pick-ups and drop-offs in Paris, Barcelona, and Amsterdam. Out of the six one-way rides, three of the rides had problems.

We waited in Barcelona airport for our pick-up for about 30 minutes. Since he didn't speak English, we never got an explanation as to why he was late.

We waited in Amsterdam airport for our pick-up for about 40 minutes. In this case, the meeting point was not described in the reservation confirmation, so we had no idea that our driver was waiting in a different area of the airport terminal. We just waited at the arrivals halls as the email told us to do.

We did not get a successful hotel pick-up back to Amsterdam airport. After our driver did not arrive 45 minutes after pick-up time (stuck in traffic), we were advised to get a taxi instead.

In each case, we had to call SunTransfers to find out where our driver was. Calling another country from a mobile phone is not cheap. Although the ride rates are lower, I ended up spending quite a bit in roaming charges and cell phone minutes at the airports and hotel to get connected with our drivers.

Based on others' reviews, I felt confident to book our airport transfers with SunTransfers. Unfortunately, a 50% "poor" rate is simply too high - and I cannot recommend them unless you're prepared for inconsistent levels of service.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sun transfers

I've used Suntransfers twice, Once from Barcelona airport and once from Berlin airport. On both occasions the driver has been waiting for us in the arrivals lounge on arrival. Again in both cases for the return leg for the airport the pickup has been on time. I would have no hesitation using them again.

redditch
Level Contributor
2 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sun transfers

We have just got back from a trip to Barcelona (Jan 2013) we used Sun Transfers from the airport to Novotel, they were brilliant and about half the price of a taxi (60 euro) they were waiting for us at arrivals, and arrived at the hotel in plenty of time for our return flight, we would definately use them again

Boston...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sun transfers

Used Sun Transfers for roundtrip transfers from Barcelona airport to our Barcelona hotel. The driver met us in the arrivals lounge and was ontime. The driver, Johams, took care of our luggage and had a spotless luxury sedan as we booked. He was courteous and gave us great tips for restaurants while in Barcelona. He also was our return driver and was on time and showed the same great customer service we had on our arrival trip. I would highly recommend this service if you are in Barcelona... a big plus is that is was about half price of what other airport transfers charged but the service was outstanding.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sun transfers

Used Sun Transfers for roundtrip airport transfer to hotel whilst in Barcelona. Was slightly worried about the booking as had never used company before and also when pre-booking a transfer before had never had to pay in advance. Pick up at airport was on time - driver waiting for us. Return pick up was again on time and all was fine. No complaints with service provided.