We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostal Eden - any thoughts?

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hostal Eden - any thoughts?

2 friends and I will be heading to Bcn, Madrid, Sevilla & Valencia in February; I'm in charge of lodging and have used the web and travelogues as primary source. Does anyone have feedback regarding Hostal Eden in Barcelona?

Mil gracias!

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hostal Eden - any thoughts?

Also, we're planning on renting a car and driving from BCN-to-MAD-to-SEVILLA-to-Valencia-to-BCN. I've checked the airfare from BCN-MAD-BCN and can't find it lower than 80euros R/T p/person. Considering that, a rental seemed less expensive and it would give us a bit more flexibility. HOwever, reading the logs, I've seen several messages suggesting driving may not be the best option (i've driven in Northern Spain a few years ago, but the 2 others have never been to Spain). My question is, am I being realistic wanting to drive. Do we need to be aware of tolls, are gas prices very high? Any guidance will be GREATLY appreciated, as we're about 2 weeks away from departure.

Gracias!

Frenchie

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hostal Eden - any thoughts?

any thoughts on this?

Bilbao, Spain
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hostal Eden - any thoughts?

Just want to say that forget those other hostels. I have been to Barcelona several times and I love Gothic Point Hostel. It is the best and plus it is cheap.This place is right in Via Laietana..very near from the center, where you can find some bars, clubs, etc, and good shopping. This is the perfect location. Plus, there are museums (museo Picasso) around that area, restaurants and lots of transportation. The bus and the metro is right there. They also have a website - so check it out!

Driving from Madrid to BArcelona will take you around 5 hours, but I don't know how much it will take you to go to the other places...Once I went from Barcelona to Valencia by train and it took us around 2 or 3 hours... And to Sevilla... from Barcelona.... I believe it will take you more than 7 hours... for sure...

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
9,909 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hostal Eden - any thoughts?

Hello marisatravels,

I sent you a post through Frommers. It recomends chosing only two places and really enjoying them. Right now your only memories will be of traveling inside a car, train or bus for most of the time. Make a selection of only two places and I will help.

Forget about a car. ENJOY!