We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Sail from Barcelona

Dallas, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Day Sail from Barcelona

My family is going to Barcelona in the Fall. My mother loves to sail and we are looking for a day charter to see the coast and spend a few hours in another town. Any suggestions for charters/destinations? We are pretty flexible on details.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,287 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Sail from Barcelona

Hola CaRumors and welcome to Tripadvisor!

I was poking around the official website for Barcelona, Barcelona Turisme, and I found a Sunset Sail for you. Another idea would be the Golondrinas. Links below.

Sunset Sail:

…barcelonaturisme.com/Enjoy-the-sunset-of-Ba…

Las Golondrinas:

http://www.lasgolondrinas.com/index-ang.html

VPS
Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Sail from Barcelona

You should find something here

…angloinfo.com/af/297/barcelona-yacht-charte…

Our yacht was based in Port Vell right next to some charter yachts. If you go to the Port gate (nearest to the restaurants at the History Museum under the arches), you will see the charter yachts on jetty C. The phone numbers are on the yachts. It is a bit more central than Port Olympic. There are often staff on board cleaning them and you can hire a skipper for the day.

The only problem is that it takes a long time to go anywhere from all the Barcelona Ports on a yacht and it is not a picturesque area particularly. If you rent a yacht from somewhere like Vilanova you are immediately into a prettier area and can sail to places like Sitges and Garraf. It would take you 40 minutes to get to Vilanova on the train but it's well worth it to sail from. To sail to Sitges would take around 3 hours on a good day. In fact it takes a good 20 minutes just to get out of Port Vell. On the way all you would see is the airport and long expanses of beaches.

Azimut is the name of the charter yachts in Vilanova, it's on the list I have sent you.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,083 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Sail from Barcelona

Several years I spent a couple of nights in Tossa de Mar on the Costa Brava and we took a boat directly from the beach and went along the coast and into a cave along the way. It was very picturesque and fun.

Thiugh - this would probably a different trip as Tossa de Mar is a bit of a journey from Barcelona.

Dallas, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Sail from Barcelona

Thank you for the helpful comments!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Sail from Barcelona

check out www.yachtcharterbarcelona.co.uk they do a great job in Barcelona.

6. Re: Day Sail from Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 24, 2013