We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Booking

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Booking

Has anybody booked a hotel through Prestigia.com. They're offering a good price for a hotel in Barcelona but I've only ever booked through other hotel booking sites like Expedia, Travelocity etc.

Want to make sure its legit!!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,108 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Booking

Hola Electro!

I used to use Expedia and booking.com but for Barcelona, I realized that booking directly through the hotel websites often provide extra perks and the possibility of advance booking promotions.

What I do these days is check as early as possible on TA Barcelona Hotels first (TA often has 'discount coupons' from different hotels), then Venere.com and finally the hotel website.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Booking

Hola Gigis_mum,

Thanks for your reply.

Prestigia was offering a room rate about 40 euros below the hotel website. Have you heard of Pestigia?

Electro

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,108 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Booking

I've come across their website before but never used them. Have you tried googling them to read some reviews? I just found this comment (see link). I'm sure this must happen from time to time with all booking websites but ...

www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.prestigia.com

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Booking

Thanks for that - interesting! I'm booking through the hotel website now as I thought Prestigia was cheaper but I was looking at their prices as Euros not English Pounds. I thought it was too good to be true!!

Burlington, VT
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Booking

I recently used them and realized that I was taken for a ride. I was given a price in for a hotel bold big letters in USD and a faint much smaller a price in Euros. Stupid me forgot to check to make that they added up based on the current exchange when in reality they did not. As a result I was charged 7%more than what the USD quote was. I checked their site again today and they still have a significant difference in the exchange rate provided from Euros to USD and reality. It is very misleading and on the verge of fraud.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Booking

DO NOT BOOK WITH PRESTIGIA.COM

I've just gone through the worst ordeal with them.

I booked a room with them for $120 per night. I paid them the 10% requisite deposit, $36 for 3 nights.

When I arrived at the hotel they told me that they could not fulfill my reservation. They helped me to find other hotels, for which I paid $130 per night, directly.

I asked the hotel if I would get a refund of my deposit since it should have gone toward my hotel stay. They told me the money I paid goes to Prestigia as their commission so I would need to get a refund from them. Fair enough.

I contacted Prestigia and they took weeks to "look into" my request. Throughout the 2 months of back and forth I heard the following excuses from them:

- They would not refund my money because I did not tell them that it couldn't be fulfilled before the cancellation period. This was impossible as I only found out when I arrived at the hotel.

- The hotel has a right/responsibility to find me a new hotel at the same rate. I directly paid each secondary hotel more money than the rate I was guaranteed through Prestigia. They told me the original hotel would have to refund me the difference, even though Prestigia received my money, not the hotel.

- And finally that they could "not refund money that is not in their province".

I'm not sure if it's a language barrier or what, but they are unable to grasp the concept of a simple business transaction. If a customer pays you a deposit to hold a room for them, and the hotel is not able to provide that room, that deposit should be refunded. It's that simple. We're talking about less than $40 for goodness sake. It's not about the money but the principle. In the end I had to dispute the charge through my credit card company to receive a refund. Thank goodness for citibank's customer service.

If you value your time, money, and sanity do not book through Prestigia.com. It's just not worth it.

Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Booking

Prestigia are awful

Bad customer service

False advertising

No refunds

Don't listen to the customer

Save urself the hassle and go elsewhere

I'm reporting them to trading standards

Le Pradet
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Booking

I am also concerned. They quote a price for an hotel in London in pounds sterling, yet the deposit is quoted in sterling and also more faintly in euros. This looks suspicious and I cannot see a reason for it?

Their UK address is just a mailbox. Does anyone know where this company is registered?

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
667 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Booking

It is far safer, and often less costly, to book directly with the hotel. Sometimes the booking site does not make it clear that the fare is non-refundable and that you must pay upfront. Many hotels offer a 24 hr concellation policy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Booking

Dear png888, techie_becky and paw0105,

Thank you for sharing your opinions.

We are really sorry to hear about these problems and we would like to investigate further.

Could you please provide you Booking IDs in order to look into this matter?

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Your Prestigia.com Team