We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oh-Barcelona apartments in El Born

kle
Boston
Level Contributor
765 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Oh-Barcelona apartments in El Born

We are a family of 3 (with a one year old) and are looking for a central, safe, and quiet (relatively) apartment in El Born. We will be traveling in May 2006 and will be staying for 9 nights.

We are interested in several apartments from oh-barcelona.com on Argenteria in El Born. Does anyone have any experience with these apartments, the rental agency, or the area? The apartments are the the upper floors (not ground floors) and are said to have double-glazed windows and A/C, so maybe street noise shouldn't be a problem? And advice on this?

Thanks!

kle
Boston
Level Contributor
765 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oh-Barcelona apartments in El Born

Anyone? Can some one tell me what the area on Argenteria (near the Pl. Jaume is like?

I am looking to book the apartment this week. One of the apartments we were are interested in has already been booked. I just getting a bit antsy...

Thanks.

bcn-milano
Level Contributor
360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Oh-Barcelona apartments in El Born

Argenteria is a nice and lively street close to Santa Mª del Mar plenty of shops and bars. This pedestrian street gets you to the heart of "El born" and it could be a bit noisy but if the windows have double-glazed I think shouldn't be a big problem.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,297 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oh-Barcelona apartments in El Born

kle

We've used oh-barcelona to book 3 apartments in Barcelona and will use them again this year. We haven't stayed in Born, but I would say that so far oh-barcelona have been excellent with the apartments accurately described and competitively priced.

kle
Boston
Level Contributor
765 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oh-Barcelona apartments in El Born

pandachris2: Are any of the apartments you've rented suitable for our family? We prefer the Born location, but are also interested in other parts of town, providing the apartments are well located and safe.

I am really getting excited about this trip and now have to start looking for airfare. So far, we've only managed to find fares in the mid-$700 range from Boston--does this sound right?

Thanks!

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Oh-Barcelona apartments in El Born

Kle - I stayed in these apartments last September. The standard of accommodation was excellent, the owners were very helpful and I would consider staying there again in the future.

C/Argenteria is an excellent location to be based in. It's a safe area and you are close to many of the things you will want to see. We stayed on the top floor apartment which has its own roof terrace and a stunning view of the Santa Maria Del Mar church. Noise was never a problem.

I have booked several flats through oh-barcelona and have always been pleased with the results.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,297 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oh-Barcelona apartments in El Born

kle

Our last rental was an 8 person apt on Avinyo that would have been fine for a family. There were 6 of us and we were comfortable. 8 adults would have been cosy. Looks like there's a good recommnedation for Argentaria so if you like the look of them, go for it.

I'm afraid I can't really advise on air fares from the US, but if you can find a cheaper fare from Boston to the UK, then there are several cheap airlines that fly to Barcelona, Reus or Girona - check Ryanair and Easyjet for example - so you might do it cheaper that way and maybe get a night in England too.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,297 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oh-Barcelona apartments in El Born

As for safe, well Barcelona is a large city and so you should exercise normal precautions, but the only central area that I would say you should avoid is Raval, which is definitely on the sleazy side. Born is probably mostly pretty quiet, I think.

I've been to Barcelona about 6 times and have never had any problems with safety - I've noticed a few pickpocket types and dealers but violence against tourists, especially tourists with babies/toddlers is probably quite uncommon.

kle
Boston
Level Contributor
765 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oh-Barcelona apartments in El Born

Thank you, Pandachris2, for the advice and reassurance.

I've contacted the oh-barcelona folks for some final information on cancellation, baby crib, etc. and hope to have the Argenteria apartment booked within the next couple of days.

Regarding safety, we're pretty well traveled and agree that a little common sense goes a long way. Just wanted to know what to expect so that we can plan accordingly. Also, since this will be our first international trip with the little one, many aspects will be more complicated! But we intend to schlep him all over the world, so hopefully, we'll have a steep learning curve.

Will keep you all posted on the airfare search...

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Oh-Barcelona apartments in El Born

We just booked an apartment through friendlyrentals.com. Ours is in Eixample, but they have many Borne properties as well. Another great website for apartments is destinationbcn.com. Both of these have friendly people who respond almost immediately to any inquiry.

We won't travel until May so I do not have a review yet, but the choosing and booking process was completely painless with friendlyrentals.com

10. Re: Oh-Barcelona apartments in El Born

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:42 am, March 03, 2006