We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel to stay between airport and port of call?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
172 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel to stay between airport and port of call?

My fiance and I are taking a cruise on the Voyager of the Seas in July for our honeymoon. We'd like to visit Barcelona a few days before. What area should I look and where is a nice place to stay for around $200 or less per night?

bcn
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel to stay between airport and port of call?

I recommend you the Barcelona Princess Hotel. It's a new hotel, with pool on the roof and disigned by one of the best catalan architects Oscar Tusquets.

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
9,865 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel to stay between airport and port of call?

Hello kellianne17,

There are so many hotels to choose from starting on the left hand side of this page. They even give you reports on each hotel.

Try Hotel Universal for a nice hotel close to the pier. Rooms are soundproof.

http://www.hotelbarcelonauniversal.com/

Click onto:-“select a hotel” at the end of the page to see others.

Have fun!

LONDON, UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel to stay between airport and port of call?

I agree with Chals...the Barcelona Princess hotel is fatastic. This hotel is in a great location called the Forum and what a top class hotel...nice, clean, friendly and very near the beach. The staff were very helpful and very friendly and they all spoke English. Our room was on the 25th floor with fantastic views of the sea and Barcelona skyline. Our room was very modern with a free mini-bar (5 drinks free each day). The hotel was very clean, and everything was provided including slippers, robes, nail file, shaving kit and a toothbrush (I forgot mine).

The sandy beach Nova Mar Bella was only 5 minutes walk away with several very cheap bars open until all hours. The famous Port Olimpic was an enjoyable 20 minutes walk away. There was some lovely places to eat nearby including a fantastic tapas cafe...well worth a visit.

The outdoor pool on the 23rd floor could be seen from our room-there is also a small pool on the 3rd floor. The nearby Parc de Diagonal Mar (park) was very romantic and peaceful.

Barcelona is a fantastic City, I went five times last year and will be returning this year....we love this city and this hotel tops them all.