We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

low key fresh seafood restaurants- where?

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
low key fresh seafood restaurants- where?

any suggestions for some nice restaurants that serve simple, fresh seafood? not seeking michelin star baby food restaurants but rustic taverna-like places. I am more into the quality and simplicity of food rather than have food look sexy on a plate and taste bland. in addition i havent had a nice paella for a while- any suggestions would be great. thanks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: low key fresh seafood restaurants- where?

rustic taverna, no, but otherwise you seem somewhat to be describing La Paradeta. I like the piles of seafood one gets at Mundial, though also not rustic, it is certainly more gritty and less antiseptic feeling.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: low key fresh seafood restaurants- where?

www.laparadeta.com

mundial bar

plaça de sant agusti well

i agree these are two of the kind of places you seek. Barceloneta is worth a wander round too, and many bars have excellent seafood as tapas and pintxos, my favourite bar in barceloneta has fishermen delivering fish by the bucket load in the evening and you cant get fresher. We were in Irati just off plaça del pi on thursday night and their sardine and anchovy pintxo were fabby.

As for rustic taverna, El Rancho Grande comes to mind. Off the tourist trail completely and hard to locate, its run by Gabriel Bestard aka 'el mallorquin'.

avunguda diagonal, 73 tele 93 307 0705 -ask reception at your hotel to phone and check their opening hours. Hearty meals are had here, the fish course could still be swimming round the tank or sitting in a box just delivered. You want the Catalan phrase for- 'i want what they are eating please'

bon profit!

Chris

3. Re: low key fresh seafood restaurants- where?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 24, 2010