We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best area to stay someone please help me thanks

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
best area to stay someone please help me thanks

I am bringing my family of 4 children aged 7/8/10 and 11 to barcelona in April. We are going to rent an apartment but I'm undecided about what area.

I've been before a few times with pals so I know a wee bit about the areas. Was looking at l'eixample as it's central with stuff on the doorstep but may be noisy or down by port olimpic as we could have somewhere with outdoor pool. I'm thinking it maybe too cold for pool though?!!!!

I need something with a bit of space and close to a supermarket for supplies.

I'm so crap at making a decision on anything so if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be most grateful x

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best area to stay someone please help me thanks

Eixample is not a generally "noisy" area, and side streets in Eixample are generally not noisy at all. I think it would be far easier and better than Port olimpic, which would require wnat we in NYC call a schlep to get anywhere. Quickly looking at the hotels on this site through the link I see there are 26 in Eixample with pools. Take a look at them. If you want to avoid the busiest streets, steer clear of Passeig de Gràcia and Gran Via. if you narrow your choices, and still have area questions, ask again.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
124 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best area to stay someone please help me thanks

I would really recommend you the Eixample to stay with children. You could choose an apt next to or at "Rambla Catalunya". It's a centric but quiet avenue with a nice promenade with cafes, restaurants, shops, and also supermarkets.

Nice trip

Edited: 6:40 pm, February 06, 2010
3. Re: best area to stay someone please help me thanks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 06, 2010