We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Las Ramblas?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at Las Ramblas?

Hi,

We have just booked to stay at a hotel off Las Ramblas..

Is this a safe area? Just we are 2 women on our own who will be going?

Thanks

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for London, Brighton
Level Contributor
6,114 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Las Ramblas?

What is the hotel and where is it exactly? Some streets are a bit dodgier than others. Also, if you do a search on this forum using the words 'las ramblas,' or 'las ramblas safe,' you'll find a lot of threads addressing this issue.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,309 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Las Ramblas?

The best/safest bit is the top end of the Ramblas below Plaça catalunya to Plaça del Pi. Below on that side of the Ramblas (right on the map) is rowdier around Carrer Ferran and I wd't fancy side-streets at night.

I wdn't fancy walking any of the streets on the other side of the Rambla late in the evening unless in a bigger group (preferably with some males). This is the Raval which you will find mentioned in posts. Again top half is better than bottom half which is definitely to be avoided.

Obviously you have to keep your wits about you all the time anyway because of pickpockets, incl/esp. green line metro Catalunya to Espanya as I keep repeating (because keep hearing/seeing things.

The Ramblas itself is busy all the time, but even there hotel at top end prob. best bet.