We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Barcelona airport to city centre

liverpool
Level Contributor
49 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Barcelona airport to city centre

I want to book a taxi online (airport to hotel city centre return) prior to travelling to Barcelona next week. Can anybody recommend a reliable company they have used recently and how much is it likely to cost. Thanks Mark

1. Re: Taxi from Barcelona airport to city centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:05 am, May 18, 2009
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Barcelona airport to city centre

THere is no need to pre-book (aditional cost), lots of taxis are available day and night, unless you have special needs (or one for more than 4 persons).

tripadvisor.com/…17629514

A:)

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Barcelona airport to city centre

I agree. there is no end of taxis at the airport.

We travelled from central barcelona to the airport last year and paid 25E including cases.

to keep costs down you could get the train to sants the main train station and then get a taxi from there to your hotel. It's really easy on the train and takes about 20 minsor so to sants station where there are loads of taxis

liverpool
Level Contributor
49 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Barcelona airport to city centre

Thanks for the replies. I just wasn't sure how available taxis were at the airport so will not bother booking online.Mark

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Barcelona airport to city centre

I wold advise that you check the price with the driver before you set off from the airport

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
5 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Barcelona airport to city centre

In my experience, the cabs at the airport can be significantly cheaper than anything you prebook. Just make sure you get one of the 100s of black and yellow taxis queuing at the ranks, dont be tempted by anyone offering you a taxi at the terminal door (there used to be someone working the door at Terminal A trying to rip people off but I haven't seen him in a while). The taxi drivers here tend to be honest, they are allowed to charge you a surcharge for every bag you put in the boot and for every passenger (this is all detailed on a sticker in the taxi window) so the driver can give you the estimate when he sees how many of those are involved and where you are going.

Not many of the drivers speak English so show them your address written down.Because of the surcharges, you will pay more than the meter says (unless there is only one of you and you have no bags). The driver will tell you what the total is and if you dont speak Spanish and cant understand the new amount, just ask for the "recibo"

When you want your return trip, just stand on the street corner and wave at the taxis. Sooner or later an empty one will appear and whisk you away to the "aeropuerto".

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Barcelona airport to city centre

we flagged one down on the street for the airport on the way back and had absolutely no problem. we were in a cab in less than five minutes

liverpool
Level Contributor
49 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Barcelona airport to city centre

Many thanks for the replies to my query. Mark

9. Re: Taxi from Barcelona airport to city centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, November 29, 2009