We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teen attire

Omaha
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Teen attire

My husband and I are taking our 3 teenagers to Spain (17 year-old boy, 15 & 13 year-old girls) in late May/early June. We lived in Spain 10 years ago, so we're fairly familiar with the country, however I'm concerned about how my teens should dress. Any suggestions?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
426 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Teen attire

Kids' styles seem more global now than ever--jeans, athletic shoes and t-shirts float everywhere. But in Spain it's less baggy than sometimes worn in the US.

As you know, Spanish parents who're class conscious tend to dress their kids conservatively, toward the preppy. Think "country club." Not sure if your kids would go along with that. Barcelona style always seems a bit edgier.

I suggest you pack extra light for the kids and buy them each a couple of new outfits in Spain on day 1 or 2. If you go somewhere like H&M or Zara prices are similar to in the US. It'll be a memorable shopping experience, they'll feel like they fit in, back home they'll have souvenirs to wear every week, and they'll sound like globetrotters: "oh this?, I got it in Spain."

Barcelona
Level Contributor
446 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Teen attire

Hello...

As I am living in Barcelona I can tell you that there is no need for your teens to dress in a special way.

Barcelona is a multicultural city where you can find lots of different individuals and styles.

Anyway your teens should wear those kind of clothes they like and they feel comfortable with...

Enjoy your stay in Spain!

OHcharlotte

(Oh-Barcelona)

Cambs
Level Contributor
179 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Teen attire

You see all kinds of styles and fashions in Barcelona and in Spain in general. As a rule the Spanish dress well. I reckon whatever your kids want to wear will be fine. Enjoy your holiday!

4. Re: Teen attire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 26, 2009