We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a getaway in november

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
jgd
Slane, Ireland
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
a getaway in november

stayed in a cute hotel 10 years ago in barcelona, just off the ramblas. i think it was called hotel peninsula (sp?) on rue st paul (?) does anyone know of it? otherwise i would love recommendations for a unusual place to stay for a weekend in november - our first break away without the children!!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,548 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a getaway in november

Could it be Hotel Espana? That's at Carrer Sant Pau 9-11 (Calle San Pablo in Spanish, but you won't find that on modern maps or on the street sign). Modernista interiors by contemporary of Gaudi, Domenech i Montaner. Dining room by Ramon Casas.

Various reviews here (very mixed bunch!)

2. Re: a getaway in november

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:57 am, December 12, 2005
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,548 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a getaway in november

Personally I think an apartment is the best for travelling with kids but for a weekend just-the-two-of-you, the last thing you want is to have to do even minimal thinking about housekeeping ! Lots of chidless meals out is very appealing. Of course you want a hotel! Look at venere.com which is very clearly laid out, gives guests comments and has good rates too. And you only pay when you leave or if you cancel in last couple of days you pay one night (I think). Good to know, if something crops up in the meantime.Look at recommendations on BCN forums too!