We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Figueres

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
473 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Train to Figueres

I'm confused! Multiple websites say there are trains every 30 min or so from Barcelona to Girona/Figueres. When I go to the Renfe site, there are only 3 all day on September 19th. Are the other trains on a different line?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train to Figueres

I don't know where you where looking, but there are a number of trains each day beginning at 05:55 (AM) with the Regional:

BARCELONA-SANTS 05:55

BARCELONA-PASSEIG DE GRACIA 05:59

BARCELONA-CLOT-ARAGO 06:03

BARCELONA-SANT ANDREU COMTAL 06:07

FIGUERES 08:03

If you use the Spanish language page, it will show the Talgo, Estrella and C. Express trains, but not the Regional. You can purchase the Regional tickets at the station. The cost of the Tourist class ticket is €8.55 one-way for the 2-hour trip.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
473 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train to Figueres

Thanks Robert,

Is there a website that will give me the timetable for the regional train? I've been looking at the Renfe site, and as you mentioned, only the Talgo and Estrella show on it.

Thanks!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train to Figueres

Here you have all the regional trains from Barcelona to Figueres, yes it's basically a train every half an hour:

horarios.renfe.es/hir/index.jsp…

(yes, renfe website sucks!)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
473 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train to Figueres

Awesome! I'd managed to overcome the renfe site, to get my discounted train tickets from Barcelona to Madrid, but it beat me out trying to find this page!

Thanks so much!

5. Re: Train to Figueres

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, October 09, 2009