We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agua or La Fitora, or something else?

texas
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Agua or La Fitora, or something else?

I have no clue which restaurant to eat at on our first night in Barcelona as it is my Cousin's birthday also, so we'd like a good restaurant. Seafood/Medetiranian, I had in mind, something in Barconetta so we can go to the bars afterwards, I still dont know which restaurant though. I'm thinking AGUA, or a restaurant I've only heard about on hear from Lynda, La Fitora, but I havent see any reviews for it.

We also love Sushi, I've heard about El Japones off of Pg.deGracia. Please if you guys have any suggestions for a restaurant, a group of 7-8 people, to have a good meal for a birthday, I'd love your suggestions, thanks

texas
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Agua or La Fitora, or something else?

Xaf, do you agree with Can Majo? is it a good restaurant, how about for dinner? I think we're looking for something near the beach

Xaf
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Agua or La Fitora, or something else?

Ups, sorry, I can't help you with "Can Majó" as I've never been there. Actually I don't eat seafood.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,004 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Agua or La Fitora, or something else?

Just back from Britain and catching up. Can I say that La Fitora is not just for tourists: it attracts lots of Catalan families for their celebrations (birthdays, First Communion etc). Then you reserve ahead and opt to sit inside: air-conditioned, overlooking sea.

The tables outside overlooking the marina (Port Olimpic) attract more tourists/passing trade. After the meal we usually go for a walk along the breakwater which gives nice views of the city.

Admittedly we only go at lunchtime and I know there can be problems in the area in the

evening. However Hotel Arts is very near and Nic says that's OK. And you are in a big group so should cope fine.

MX
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Agua or La Fitora, or something else?

As a rule of thumb I'd say that looking towards the beach, the restaurants to the left of Hotel Arts are tourist traps and not a good place at night (the time you are going) because all of the drunk hooligans and cheap bars. But to the right hand side of the Hotel Arts there are good restaurants and bars. I know it's strange and just a couple of blocks but it makes all the diference in the world, the ambiance and the place are really diferent, from cheap and touristy to hip and classy.

Cheers,

Nic