We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels/apartments with pool

UK
Level Contributor
122 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels/apartments with pool

Hi. I am hoping to visit Barcelona in October for 3 nights with my mother and 10 year old daughter. Could anyone recommend reasonably priced hotels/apartments with a pool as close to the Ramblas as possible?

Many thanks.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels/apartments with pool

Any hotel in the city center, if having a pool it will be a mini-pool on the rooftop. The price of the soil is juts too expensive here. Even not in the center the few hotels with pool will not be on the cheap side. In any case, I would not stay "as close to the Ramblas as possible" unless it was my only option. Being in the most tacky, noisy, crowded, and with more pickpockets area of the city?? No way! Las Ramblas is something you've to see, and don't miss la Boqueria market, but that's more than enough. Barcelona has so many nicer, cheaper and safer areas. What about staying in one of the many hotels along the seafront?? Having a pool or not may be irrelevant if you have a nice and clean beach in front of your place (and in October beaches would be quiet and the weather probably still warm)

UK
Level Contributor
122 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels/apartments with pool

Thanks belsaita for the advice. Any hotels/apartments you'd recommend along the seafront?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels/apartments with pool

I'm afraid I'm not a good adviser regarding accommodation here in Barcelona. I live here so I never used any hotel or apartment ;o)

I can only give my opinion about areas of the city, but not about specific hotels.

UK
Level Contributor
122 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels/apartments with pool

Thanks. If we stayed near the seafront is it easy to get into the centre? Is it walkable?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels/apartments with pool

It depends on "where", there are several beaches. If you stay near Barceloneta is not a long walk to las Ramblas and El Born. From Nova Icaria, Mar Bella, Forum... you can take public transports, it will be easy and not a long ride.

6. Re: Hotels/apartments with pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, September 16, 2009