We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you recommend a Barcelona neighborhood & hotel...

6 posts
Save Topic
Can you recommend a Barcelona neighborhood & hotel...

Headed for Barcelona in November. Two nights. Never been there. Can't wait!

Looking for suggestions on interesting fun neighborhoods and hotels that are wonderful but not too expensive.

I love the Latin Quarter of Paris (rue Moufettard) and a hotel named Esperance. So if anyone out there knows similar places in Barcelona, please let me know.

Thanks a bunch!

Houston, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you recommend a Barcelona neighborhood & hotel...

Just got back. Stayed at Hostal Ciudad Condal. Booked on web: bercelona-30-per-night. Had a very positive experience with the web site. Loved the hostal, but had a misunderstanding RE room tax - someone else here has complained about this hostal - same problem. Web site stood by it's agreement - problem solved. It's located on Carrer de Mallorca, between Ramblas de Catalunya and Paseo de la Gracia. Very near "The Dragon House" I recommend the area strongly, although it can be expensive. We paid about 60 E per night for HCC. (They also have their own web site.) If you're going to book a little hotel - or hostal - you might do better if you speak Spanish, but in general the area we stayed in was magnificent, as well as safe and FRIENDLY!! Also, most non-American-tourist places in Spain have tile and stone everywhere and NO sound insulation. It's worth the putting up with the noise for being in the atmosphere!! Take a small radio for white noise if you think you'll have trouble sleeping!!