We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

06th December 2004 - Public Holiday

Kas
Belfast
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
06th December 2004 - Public Holiday

Hi All

I am going to celebrate my 30th birthday in Barcelona this December, and have just realised that the 06th is a public holiday - please can someone tell me that this city doesn't close down!

Thanks

Kas

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,593 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 06th December 2004 - Public Holiday

You're OK with this one. Constitution Day (6th) followed on 8th Feast of the Immaculate Conception is a wonderful double bank holiday treat for us in Spain. This year it gives a five-day weekend if you take Tues. off work (I've just posted a query in Italy forums as we are off there!) People use the time to go skiing (start of season in Pyrenees) or stay at home and go CHRISTMAS SHOPPING as these are two bank hols when shops can open. The Christmas Market in front of and around the Cathedral will also have just started. The only thing that will be shut (on 8th) are museums which close for the day at lunchtime (2.30-3). They mainly have Monday as their closing day in any case. So, have fun!

Kas
Belfast
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 06th December 2004 - Public Holiday

Dear Lynda

Thank you so much for your reply! I am soooo excited about spending this special birthday in your beautiful City - it is going to be one to remember! And you have put my mind at ease!

I hope you enjoy Italy!

Take Care

Kas