We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Regencia Colon

England
Level Contributor
557 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Regencia Colon

My wife and I are thinking of staying at this hotel next July for my 50th birthday. I would appreciate any feedback on the hotel and surrounding area including places to drink and eat.

Thanks in advance,

jim

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Regencia Colon

You can download a free copy of Maribel's Guide to Barcelona (http://maribelsguides.com/). It contains a low of useful information on Barcelona including hotels, restaurants, shopping, etc.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Regencia Colon

Dear Jim

See my recent review re surrounding construction. Doubt very much that it will be finished by July. Depends how soundly you sleep and also would recommend taking a room down the side of the building, not over the front which is closer to the construction.

Re food etc - it is close to the Via Laietana, right by the police station where you join the Laietana is a tapas bar that does good bacon and eggs in the morning. A little further north on the laietana (100 yards??), west side of the road, is a buffet place - price varies according to day of the week, but for around 7 Euros, all you can eat inc glass wine or beer. Mostly veggie but they do have a token meat dish of the day and you can use the microwave to make sure everything is piping hot (which it isn't otherwise). Great pasta sauces!

PS do take the 2 day tourist bus - and do the Gaudi buildings!

Louise - a Brit now living in USA