We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

birthday surprise! hotel advice needed.

ireland
2 posts
birthday surprise! hotel advice needed.

HI lm lookin g for help in selecting an excellent hotel for my partners birthday grand marina, majestic good choise or not maybe someone can recomend better 3night stay so good location important. thanking all would be replys in advance for your help. Never been to bcn but so so looking forward to stay.

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
10,375 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: birthday surprise! hotel advice needed.

Dear Missy, You are going to spoil your partner wrotten.

This is a first class, 5 star hotel. Just like the Ritz and others.

The choice is yours. From my own personal experience,

I would recommend that you stay in a comfortable hotel and get out to enjoy the real charm that BCN has to offer.

They are all right there within a few blocks of each other.

Spain is famous for its laid back relaxed lifestyle.

I would take advantage of this fact and see for yourself how they achieve this. See and live the exciting experience of having a full meal by eating tapas. Going from one bar to another sipping on a glass of wine or beer, together with your choice of Tapa. Keep doing this. You will find it much more fun and entertaning than sittting down to a full three course meal. You can do that back in Dublin.

Try and plan to do things that are completely different from what you have in Ireland.

http://maribelsguides.com) Maribel's Guide to Barcelona advice on arriving in the city.

www.virtualtourist.com some very useful information

www.madridman.com Click onto Barcelona for more info.

If you really want to enjoy a short trip to Spain, I will introduce you to a well kept secret.

http://www.euskadi.net/home/indice800_c.htm

http://maribelsguides.com Basque Country.

for a few more suggestions during your stay in Euskal Herria

I have just given you the secret keys to the closest thing to Paradise. ENJOY!

ireland
2 posts
2. Re: birthday surprise! hotel advice needed.

hi johnnybgood thank you kindly for your reply will look up sites you listed im still undecided as to which hotel iknow miss indecisive i am but its a big birthday and luxury bedroom is important. which hotel were you saying was great grand marina or majestic sorry to bother you for another reply but your advice is greatly appreciated once again thank you missy22

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
10,375 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: birthday surprise! hotel advice needed.

Hello Missy22, You are going to get me into trouble.

It is all in the mind. www.grandmarinahotel.com/index.english.html

Try and get a room with a view looking back at the city.

The next time that you want to do sometihing special, you will have to dig deep to come up with something better than this place. You give a man an inch and later on we will want a yard. You know this, RIGHT!

What ever you do, enjoy it to the max!!

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
10,375 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: birthday surprise! hotel advice needed.

Dear Missy22, Have you resolved the problem yet?

I am surprised that nobody else has offered an opinion.

Guess that I must be the only "loco" on the forum who answers everyone. Now you really will have to come out of hiding and make a decission. Am curious to find out which one will be host to the fortunate birthday Prince. Enjoy

5. Re: birthday surprise! hotel advice needed.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:53 pm, November 17, 2004
6. Re: birthday surprise! hotel advice needed.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:51 pm, November 17, 2004
Leicester, England
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: birthday surprise! hotel advice needed.

I have spent 2 months researching somewhere to take my partner for his 30th birthday in December and settled on the Grand Marina for absolute luxury. Book through Expedia as a flight, hotel package and you get a superior room as standard. I paid under ��650 for 3 nights with direct BA flights from Birmingham.There are new reviews to look at, all of which are good.

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
10,375 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: birthday surprise! hotel advice needed.

Dear JaneT, Thank you for this wonderful info. That is a fantastic price. Especially for a 5star hotel in BCN. Right where all the action is. Get a room looking back on the city.

At night you will thank me for this advice. The view of the city with all the lights is special.

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
10,375 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: birthday surprise! hotel advice needed.

Hello missy22, I would love to know which was your choice.?

Also why did you eventually chose it.? Just bewing nosey!(smile), Thank you.

Leicester, England
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: birthday surprise! hotel advice needed.

The Grand Marina was great 3 - 6 December! See my review.

I hope you have a great weekend.

JayneT