We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay in heart of Barcelona?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Places to stay in heart of Barcelona?

Three of my friends and I are looking for an affordable place to stay in Barcelona July 19-22, was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I have been having some trouble finding places that have rooms that accomodate 4 people....we are open to hostels, apartments (if they will rent for such a short period of time), and hotels. Thanks a lot!

California
Level Contributor
929 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Places to stay in heart of Barcelona?

Check the Aparthotel Napols in the Eixample area

Paris, France
1 post
2. Re: Places to stay in heart of Barcelona?

Hello

I was a lot of times in Barcelona. It´s great city that offers all.

The last two times I stayed with Cocoon Barcelona an agency that rents apartments for short-term. Their variety of apartments is fabulous...they offer from budget to luxury. Their website is www.cocoonbarcelona.com

We had a rustic apartment in Barrio Gotico with a terrace, a beautiful one.

So this is my recommendation for Barcelona accomodation.

London
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Places to stay in heart of Barcelona?

We stayed at an www.apartmentsramblas.com apartment. (sagradafamilia2). It was a bit noisy but to be honest I think that everywhere in Barcelona would be. It would be smallish for 4 people but if you are only sleeping there it would be fine. We spent the full day out and only went there to sleep. There seem to be apartments with opens of double beds / single beds / sofa beds. Hope that helps.

maastricht
5 posts
4. Re: Places to stay in heart of Barcelona?

have you checked ENJOY BARCELONA? got it from gomio.com.it's in plaza real, not far from plaza de catalunya, great location. I stayed there once for only 2 nigts. It was 4 of us in an apartment for two persons(2 beds), but it was too big for two. it was more like rooftop apartment (w/ patio). All furnished (tv,fridge,sofa,etc.). nice and clean. sounds pricy.. I forgot about the price, but it was pretty cheap, for sure.

The cons: old building, no elevator(it was 4-6story high), the stairway was a bit creepy :) and... I didn't find fire escape (just realized afterwards).

However, I really recommend this place. Hope they still have one available.

Durham. UK
Level Contributor
311 posts
5. Re: Places to stay in heart of Barcelona?

We loved the apartment we rented through DestinationBCN

Switzerland
Level Contributor
11 posts
79 reviews
6. Re: Places to stay in heart of Barcelona?

Hi, We stayed at the ROYAL RAMBLAS hotel, at the Ramblas near transportation and the city center with rambas view!

Enjoy your stay

Sophietje

england
Level Contributor
205 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Places to stay in heart of Barcelona?

We rented an apartment for four nights through lovingbarcelona.com, they had lots of places, all different sizes, in different areas of the city, and the prices seemed reasonable (cheaper in Raval but advice seems to be to avoid that area)

Portugal
Level Contributor
154 posts
8. Re: Places to stay in heart of Barcelona?

By this time you sould already have made your choice. But just in case, another tip is to stay at an apartment by the beach, Barceloneta. It's nice and there is always transportation to the city center. There are good seafood restaurants, the Imax (3D cinema), Maremagnum (shopping center) and so on.

9. Re: Places to stay in heart of Barcelona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 05, 2009