We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cava Visit

Scotland
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cava Visit

We are visiting Barcelona at the start of August and a visit to cava makers has been recommended - either freixenet or Cordoniu. We won't have acces to a car while there so need to use public transport.

Any recommendation which we should visit - or should we try to visit both?

Thanks

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
705 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cava Visit

Maybe this will spark others to respond.

I have not been there but from what I read Cordoniu seems like the better choice. The Cava is recommended higher and the winery architecture is also interesting.

But I think they are both very close together so you could try for both.

Xaf
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cava Visit

I think Lynda knows it better but "Freixenet" cellars are very close to the train station (walking distance) so it's possible to go by conmuter train there.

Scotland
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cava Visit

Many thanks,

Does anyone know or any other cava makers we could visit while visiting Freixent or anything else in the area?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cava Visit

Repeating this post, but it's relevant again...

The Freixenet tour was the best for us... the Codorniu one just wasn't as well executed... AND they charged for the sample which was a bit mean (only 2E to be fair)... excellent grounds and buildings though. Very interesting and well worth the visit.

5. Re: Cava Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:40 am, March 01, 2009
6. Re: Cava Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 05, 2009