We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

open top buses

UK
3 posts
Save Topic
open top buses

hello me & my husband arrive on wednesday night & have seen

that you can reserve tickets online for open top bus tours (got the link from must SEE Barcelona! In go-list cheers dusk). They give two options either pick tickets up from their office or they can deliver them to hotel for fee. This is our 1st trip to Barcelona and therefore have no idea where there offices will be, so have asked for quote to be delivered to our hotel. It’s a convenient service I just wondering are there big queues at the bus pick up points to buy tickets or do you buy them on the bus. We’re going to get two day passes after reading advice from others

many thnaks

Rachel

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,434 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: open top buses

You can buy the tickets when you get on the bus. This is cash only.

If you save on the price it may be worth while to buy in advance. Do you have an address for the office?

We got on the bus at Placa Catalunya. If the the office is the Tourist information center, in Placa Catalunya, its right across the street from El Cortes Ingles, the huge department store. It below ground so you go downstairs.

Yes, I agree that you should do the 2 day bus tour. We did the red line one day and the blue line the other. (Did not have time to do the green line.)

We also went on a Saturday walking tour of the Bari Gothic that leaves from the TI Center. Very worthwhile since the bus only skirts the edge of this district.

On Saturday (in May 2007) we encountered lots of lines for the Bus Turistic since the cruise ships were in port. By Sunday, the lines were MUCH shorter. Keep in mind that some places are closed on Sunday ex. Camp Nou.

2. Re: open top buses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, September 03, 2009