We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Paella in Barcelona

London, UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Best Paella in Barcelona

Where is it possible to eat the Best Paella in barcelona? I remember one of the restaurants in the port, it was always full and cheap, but cant remember the name anymore... please help me!

thanks

London
Level Contributor
513 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Paella in Barcelona

For me, the best paella is here:

PATRICIO

Passeig Marítim, 159, Castelldefels. Tel: +34 (0)93 665 1347.

Tucked away in the dunes this is one of the few beach restaurants left standing in Castelldefels after the developers moved in to build a promenade. Mercifully the joggers and cyclists stick to the promenade and sitting on Patricio’s terrace with your toes virtually in the sand all you can see is the vast expanse of sandy beach that runs from the delta of the Llobregat to the rocky coast of El Garraf and the deep blue Mediterranean. A great spot to eat paella or their speciality of grilled meats, best with pa amb tomàquet and the irresistible garlicky sauce allioli.

It's just outside Barcelona in Castelldefels, but worth the trip. Book ahead if you're going on sunday.

Xaf
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Paella in Barcelona

Don't know if the best, but sure a great place for paella and rices:

"Elche"

Vila-Vila, 71 st.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
497 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Paella in Barcelona

The best known place for paella in Barcelona where we, the local people go is "7 Portes" in Pso Isabel II

London, UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Paella in Barcelona

thanks for this - I really need something in the center, as I will be staying at the Arts Hotel for 1 (maybe 2) days and wont have much time to go far from the city!

I went to the Port fish restaurants and one of them was good, but I dont remember its name, how are those restaurants rated in locals' opinions?

thanks

London
Level Contributor
513 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Paella in Barcelona

I dont reckon you'd get many locals in those restaurants

The thought of eating Paella at night is a bit shocking to Spanish

Just like eating curry for breakfast...........but we've all done that at some time!

Tampa FL
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Paella in Barcelona

Why would that be shocking? When would Barcelonians eat paella then?

London
Level Contributor
513 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Paella in Barcelona

Some restaurants will serve paella in the evenings..........this is a sure fire way to spot a tourist restaurant.

The Spanish will traditionally eat paella at lunchtime probably because its a bit too heavy to digest before going to bed

Tampa FL
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Paella in Barcelona

Thanks for the tip - good to know. Besides paella, what other dishes or foods are not to be missed while in Barcelona?

London
Level Contributor
513 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Paella in Barcelona

If you want to try some excellent food from the Asturias region of Spain whilst in Barcelona, you really have to go to El Furacu, Carrer Girona, 52

www.bcnrestaurantes.com/eng/barcelona.asp…

It's a simple restaurant but the food is really to die for!!!

While you're there, you have to try the Fabada Asturiana and drink the traditional cider, but be carefull...............after a couple of bottles, you feel fine, but when you get up to walk away your legs might not work!!

10. Re: Best Paella in Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, August 21, 2009