We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which entrance at Park Guell best for mobility issue?

Castle Rock...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
116 reviews
Which entrance at Park Guell best for mobility issue?

We are staying at the Renaissance Barcelona ,Pau Claris 122, early November.

Of course we want to visit Park Guell and Sagruda Famila.

I have read that it is advisable to vist the park first and then SF.

My question is.... my husband wears a leg brace for 'drop/dead foot' and while he can walk on flat surfaces easily, going up stairs or rocky/uneven paths is sometimes a bit uneasy for him. I did find on the Park Guell site a map for those with mobility issues, and we will take that, but determine as we go if he can handle the 'terrain'.

Which entrance is best for us then to use for Park Guell? And, which mode of transport to get to the entrance? I have looked at the official website and read the info 'how to get here' but it isn't clear which is better for a flat walk. We have no problem taking the bus or metro, and the website does give the lines/routes recommended. But, not knowing, which is the 'easiest' and flatest walk....

Suggestions?

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
4,293 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Which entrance at Park Guell best for mobility issue?

The best for you might be getting bus 24 or 92. It is justified to use them in this case. Ah, don't hesitate to ask for a seat in the bus, it is more than justified.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,253 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Which entrance at Park Guell best for mobility issue?

looking at the reduced mobility map on their website, it appears that they are suggesting a route that enters on d'Olot, at the right as you face the center. I don't exactly understand this (which would seem to be suggesting uphill unless I am missing something). The also have an email contact specifically for this and i would contact them. It's not clear from the OP if walking downhill is an issue but if you take the bus up to the coach parking lot (Carmel) then it is all downhill, but it is still uneven at places. Unfortunately this is a difficult one under these circumstances. (They also say they have wheelchairs available if that would work.)

Castle Rock...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
116 reviews
3. Re: Which entrance at Park Guell best for mobility issue?

Thanks for you helpful replies!

My husband can easily walk flat surfaces and pretty much ok with downhill. IF the path is rocky or super uneven then it becomes more of an issue. Wheelchairs are definitely not needed. He really is very very mobile, it is just the unevenness of any terrain that might prove problematic.

Often we do a quick assessment of something as we go, which we probably will do in this case.

I will look at the bus routes you mentioned, thanks for that information.

Reply to: Which entrance at Park Guell best for mobility issue?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted