We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for watching World Cup?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
282 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for watching World Cup?

June 25 is our first day in Spain, and that is the day that Spain plays Morocco. We are arriving early that morning, hoping to take a quick nap on arrival and then stay up relatively late that evening to get on schedule. Watching the game in a public setting seems like a fantastic way to keep us awake to a good time for that - and a great way to get absorbed into the local excitement.

Any suggestions for a good way to find a place to watch? We will have our 11 year old son with us; he plays soccer and hopefully will be excited to watch the game. I am kind of assuming many bars/restaurants will have the game on? We are staying at El Avenida Palace in L'Example District, so a place relatively close to the hotel might be good in case we need to call it a night before the game ends, but we'd like to get out of the hotel itself for the game.

Thanks,

Susan

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Hotel El Avenida Palace
Hotel El Avenida Palace
2,405 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
1 reply
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for watching World Cup?

You assumed correctly. Scobies irish pub is one pub close to you and eith big screens. Irish owned and run. I pop by from time to time to watch sports and always like the vibe. Mixture of locals and tourists. Prices also are pretty reasonable. Note anyhere in that area with a tv will show the game. I previously watched world cup games in Cerveceria Catalana as there you have the option of food also. Both places are close to your hotel.

Edited: 12:02 pm, June 08, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Cerveceria Catalana
Cerveceria Catalana
11,025 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Reply to: Suggestions for watching World Cup?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted